Fantasy! Gates of Magic

[3rd POV]

After Winter left, Weiss wondered if she'll ever reached the level that her sister has achieved. Despite being well with Glyphs, her Summoning was still awry. Thinking about it, she'll probably never reach-

???: That's not true.

Turning around in surprise, she realised it was Jet, leaning against a pillar. 

Weiss: Jet, are you still...

Jet: Yes, I will. But what your sister said isn't true, Weiss.

Surprised again, Weiss wondered how much had he heard. Taking a few steps towards her, he placed a hand on her shoulder. Looking into his eyes, Weiss felt as though he was looking into her soul.

Jet: Weiss, you've got so much potential inside of you.

Weiss: (looks down) How would you know?

Jet: Because I know so. Just 'cause you feel like you can't doesn't mean you should. Here. (hands something to Weiss)

Looking in her hand, she noticed it was a ring with a small sapphire on it.

Weiss: What is this?

Jet: Consider it a gift. After all... (turns around) ...you're one step closer to being one of us.

Shocked, Weiss looked up to see no one around. Silently thanking Jet for the ring, she puts it on and feels something strange. Thinking nothing of it, she went on back to her dorm, unaware of the creature brewing inside of her.

Timeskip...

It was midnight at the Amity Colosseum. No one was there except for a few. Ozpin, wanting to make sure nothing bad happened, was seated in the front row, getting a good vision of the fight. Jet, down on the arena floor, was waiting for his opponent to appear, having challenged her to a duel. Minutes pass by and he began to wonder if she would ever show up.

???: Quite early, aren't you?

In the shadows stood Winter Schnee. Her clothes were slightly darker yet still the same from before. Raising her saber, she was on the defensive, having only heard about what Jet can do from her sister's letters.

Jet: Winter Schnee, prepare yourself. For you've now become a victim of the Ghost of Remnant. (puts his hand to his waist)

 (puts his hand to his waist)