You're Exhausted

Hey there! If you're here looking for the newest chapter, you'll actually find it at the beginning of this book in chapter one. If not, well... read on! :) Hope you enjoy<3

"Hey, love, how are you?" you ask in a tired voice, your eyes already drooping as you sling your keys onto the counter and tug at your shoes. Harry looks up from his place at the table and lowers his pen, watching you fumble clumsily through your purse to retrieve your phone and plug it in on the counter.

"How was your day?" he asks as he stands and moves towards you, noticing your slow blinks as you try to complete your usual routine.

"It was good." You reply quietly and continue your inefficient rustles. He interrupts you by easing his arms around you to make you stop.

"You alright?" he asks low, brow furrowed and eyes intent.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just really tired." You answer and lay your head on his chest, sighing slowly as he wraps his arms around you.

"Are you sure?" he questions, his protective nature showing.

"Really really. Just exhausted, that's all." You smile and lean into him more. "I just want to go to bed." You lightly laugh at your own words and he kisses the top of your head.

"Well then go to bed." he says, amusement in his voice, and you chuckle as you lean up to kiss his neck.

"I don't think I'll make it to the bed. Maybe I'll just sleep in here on the floor." You kiddingly moan.

"That won't wooork." He plays along, "I have to be able to get to the refrigerator if I get hungry."

You quietly chuckle. "Oh, right. Well maybe I can make it to the couch."

"You're a woos." He pokes and you smile sleepily, then loosen all your muscles, forcing him to catch you.

"Whaat—what?!" he exclaims, laughing, and bends his knees to catch you. You can't help but burst into giggles.

"It seems as though my exhaustion has caused me to go boneless. I think you're gonna have to carry me." You giggle.

He can't help but grin as he turns and swoops you onto his back. "You're evil!" he exclaims in pretend annoyance and begins to carry you to the bedroom.

His dramatic delivery of your body onto the bed makes you die in a fit of tired giggles again, but he tells you to stay put for a few minutes while he finishes what he's working on.

"It'll only take a second. But don't you dare try to, like, get anything done." He says, pointing at you in pretend reprimand. "Just crawl in bed and I'll be back soon." He kisses you briefly before retreating back to the kitchen.

But, almost before he's even sat down again, you can't fight your tired eyes any longer and sail off to sleep.

When he comes back in the room a little while later and realizes you've fallen asleep right where he left you, he gives one short exhale of laughter and a little smirk forms on his face.

"Babe, are you going to get ready for bed? I need to take a shower, but you can go first." he says, sitting down on the edge of the bed and sweeping a piece of hair off of your face. You respond with a sleepy moan and your eyes stay closed as you answer.

"I don't want to." You whine before throwing one leg off the bed. He secretly smiles as you snag pajamas out of your dresser and shuffle off to the bathroom.

Only a few minutes later you return and find him fiddling with something on top of the dresser. You walk over and hug him, your cheek pressing sleepily into his back. "I love you." You mumble and close your eyes with a tired sigh. He turns and you let your head immediately cling to his chest instead. He gives a small smile that you don't catch before responding in kind.

"I love you too." He places one of his huge hands to the side of your head and presses your chin upward with his thumb, giving you a short kiss. You lazily kiss him back before he pulls away and plants a kiss on your forehead. Without needing more words, you break to move towards the bed, and he grabs his clothing and makes his way towards the shower.

When he walks back in a half hour later, donning sweat pants and toweling his hair, he finds you've fallen asleep again, though this time you're properly tucked underneath the covers. He smiles and throws his towel aside, damp hair still hanging limply around his face, and scootches underneath the sheets. His arm drapes over you, pulling you to his chest, and he sighs into your hair. Had you been awake, you probably would have made a small giggle or comment as you snuggled into him further, but this time you're out like a light and make no notable movement. As usual, he falls asleep only a few minutes after his head hits the pillow, but not before he appreciates the moment— appreciates how adorable you are and how much he loves you and how thankful he is to call you his own. Not because something extremely exciting happened today or because you made some special memory, but just because you're, well, you. And with you, even the normal, boring things of life are sweet and fun and worth remembering.