Skyping

“Hiii..” Harry’s voice hums and you giggle at his cheeky grin. His body is laid out flat behind him as he props his chin up on crossed forearms. His sleepiness is apparent, but his eyes brighten at the sight of your face.

“Hi, Harry. How are you?” you smile.

“I’m so tired!” he playfully moans, letting his face dramatically fall to his arms before quickly looking back up with a twinkle in his eye. “I thought you’d never get off work. Even Zayn’s gone to bed now.”

You laugh at his pretend vexation, wishing you could reach out and ruffle his unkempt curls.

“How was the show tonight?” you ask, secretly wishing your day had been even half as exciting as you know Harry’s had.

“It was good. The crowd was great—really loud. Yeah.. it was good.” He replies and rubs one of his eyes. You can tell he’s tired—not only because of his drooping eyes, but because of his fidgets. Whenever he gets really tired he fidgets worse than Niall on Red Bull. Well.. maybe not. But it’s close. But you know he’d just protest if you were to suggest he go on to bed, so you continue.

“Nothing crazy thrown on stage or anything? Nothing hit your ‘shoe target’ tonight?” you snicker.

“Hey!” he responds, pointing his finger at you, “That’s a painful memory. I wasn’t sure I’d ever have children again after that. It huurrt.” His voice rises in pitch and you laugh.

“Again? Have children again? Is there something I need to know about?” you impishly ask.

“What?!” his voice cracks. “No, no no no.”

“No Harold juniors I need to know about?” you playfully confirm and he laughs at your name choice.

“No, but when there are, they’re definitely going to be called that. All of them. Even the girls.” He grins and you laugh. “Can’t you just imagine that? A whole army of, like, Harold children?”

“You know, sadly, yes I can. But it’s more of a nightmare than anything else.” You reply.

“Heyyy..” he defends and gives you a silly glare.

The conversation continues, in both laughter and seriousness, until it’s even late for you and you agree to call it a night.

“I really miss you..” he says, his eyes even heavier than before.

“I miss you too.” You respond, your cheek propped on the palm of your hand. “How much longer until I get to see you again?”

“38 days.” He responds and gives a small smile. “Not that I’m, like, you know.. counting.”

You giggle, but it comes out more like a whimper. “That seems like a long time.”

“It’s too long. Every day apart from you is too long.” He tries, but you laugh at his cheesiness.

“Oh my word, seriously, Harry?” you chuckle.

“Whaaat? I was being serious!” he defends, but you just keep giggling. “You’re mean.” He pouts and you smile.

“I think it’s past your bedtime.” You patronize and he rolls his eyes. “Why don’t you go to bed and dream about the kiss I’m going to give you when I finally get my hands on you again.”

His head pops up and his eyes get wide.

“What?!” he responds loudly, a bit shocked at your response, and you cackle at his expression.

“Well you can dream about what I’m going to do when I—” he begins but gets cut short by a loud banging on the wall.

“Shut up, Haz! Tryin’ to sleep here, you idiot!” You hear Louis’ voice spit.

You both cringe at first, then burst out laughing.

“I’m serious!” Louis’ voice booms again.

“Sorry..” Harry calls and gives you an ‘oops’ face.

“I guess I better go. You know how Louis is with retaliation.” He quietly laughs and you join him.

“Okay, love you.” You reply. He says the same before you end the call.

As you move your computer and sit back in bed, you sigh in happiness. Yeah, it sucks to be so far away for so long, but you’re so glad it’s not weird when he’s away. It still feels normal and natural and easy, and you love being in a relationship with him even when it’s long distance. Even amongst the serious conversations and tearful realities of life, you keep each other laughing. And somehow, despite the distance, the fame, and his own cheesiness, he keeps you madly in love with him. You don’t know quite how, but you both wouldn’t have it any other way.