Hot Chocolate and Cuddles

"Ah! Come in," Harry spoke with a glint in his eye and moved back a step from the door to let you pass by him. You smiled, hauling two grocery bags with you. "How was your day?" he asked, following you to the kitchen where you set the bags down on the counter.

"Fair. Yours?" you asked nonchalantly, retrieving melting chocolate from your stash.

He grinned as his hands found yours and tugged you towards him. "Fine," he spoke, but his sheepish, dimpling smile said more than his words. You chuckled as he threaded his hands through yours and brought one to his face, taking a deep breath in and appreciating the remnants of perfume trailing off your wrist.

"Your hands are cold," he mumbled, stepping closer yet to press a kiss to your nose. "So is your nose."

"Well, it is a bit cold outside," you laughed a bit sarcastically. "I haven't been able to get warm all day."

Harry giggled quietly. "Hence the melting chocolate?" he asked with a grin, his forehead rolling against yours.

"Hence the melting chocolate," you affirmed and closed your eyes with a grin of your own, enjoying his silly closeness and the feeling of his hands tangled up in yours.

His lips easily found your own, lazy in their quiet affection, and his bashful smile wasn't too far away for no particularly good reason. You rather liked it when he felt a bit giddy because it meant more silly kisses and more caving dimples and more soft, cuddly shenanigans. His hands moved to your back and pulled you closer yet.

"Then I suppose you'll need to be warmed up," he nearly whispered against your cheek, making your lips turn up again.

"I could be talked into it," you replied, making him grin too.

"Mmm, good," he mumbled, his hands ever pressing you closer and his lips moving down your jaw as his nose sought another whiff of your frayed perfume, this time at your neck. His kisses dissolved into a sloppy hug, his face still stuffed up in your neck to catch as much of your smell as he could manage, his hands wrapping around you and nearly back on to himself, his breath letting out in a contented sigh. "You're pretty cuddly, you know," he murmured against your skin. You liked the silliness you detected.

"I've been told that once or twice," you teased.

His arms cinched tighter for a moment before he loosened his grip and leaned back, taking your face in his hands as he grinned a giggle at you. He knew he'd said it a million times before, and he knew he'd probably say it a million times more. He just couldn't help it, because, well, you were so cuddly.

You both chuckled quietly, one last kiss sealing the playfulness in the air before you turned to finish unpacking the grocery bags and Harry reached for two mugs.

Feeling the warm chocolate ease down your throat made tingles run all the way down to the tips of your fingers and toes, warming you from the inside out as you followed Harry into his living room. He disappeared from the room for a moment, returning with the huge, fluffy down comforter from his bed. "Come on, then," he spoke with a giggle, nodding you over to his place in front of the couch. He drew the comforter around his shoulders before he sat down in the corner of the cushions, beckoning you with a wave of his comforter-clutching hand. You cuddled in quickly, his arms immediately circling you and pulling you to his chest as he threw the comforter around you and down the length of the couch. He crossed his arms over your chest to keep the comforter pulled tight around the both of you, rubbing his hands up and down your arms to warm you up. You laughed at his silly rambles in silly voices. It felt good to be silly and childish and laughing more than stressing for a change.

Harry suggested a Christmas movie though it was barely November, but you didn't mind. You liked being able to feel his low chuckles at your back and hear his dumb commentary mumbled playfully in your ear.

Soon your head leaned back to his shoulder, your blinks becoming slower as you appreciated the feeling of Harry's warm hands on your arms. The duvet enveloped you in a cocoon so warm you knew you didn't stand a chance of making it through the whole movie, but you didn't mind that either, because that meant falling asleep all wrapped up in Harry and so warm you felt it all the way to your heart.

Just before dozing off, you felt Harry shift, his arms securing themselves around you even more surely as his lips briefly found your temple. "Love you," he muttered, casual, but true.

"Love you," you whispered through closed eyelids, a small smile spreading your lips as your mind became hazy with sweet, warm sleep.