Sneaking Backstage

A/N: Requested by Symphony-of-Stars! Hope you like it, love:) [want to request? send me a message!]

It had all been very last minute, but with work cancelled for the weekend, you couldn't think of anything better than to spend it with Harry. You'd literally gotten in your car and driven to the airport, catching the first flight out to where the boys were touring and buying a ticket for the show while sitting in the plane waiting for take off. It was all completely spontaneous, and you figured it'd be more exciting to have that spontaneity project itself on to chancing your tickets and whether or not you could find Harry without letting him know you were coming than to plan the whole thing out.

You got to the venue a bit late, thanks to a delayed flight in Milwaukee, but it turned out for the better as all of the stadium hallways were virtually empty. Recognition was something that had almost made you tip off the boys for security reasons-- just in case-- but your weekend theme of spontaneity had shuffled those thoughts away. The empty hallways were a good first step in that not being a stupid decision.

Making your way deeper into the stadium, you checked the ticket on your phone again. If you'd looked at the map right, you would be at the absolute tippy top, almost dead center in the back. You didn't mind, though. You'd seen the show before, and you'd probably see it again. This was a special sort of viewing because you got to experience it like any other fan. Not that he was so much different when you were around, but it was exciting to see him be the Harry that everyone else saw, and to see him from their vantage point.

You laughed to yourself as you climbed the stairs. If any fan actually heard your thoughts on the matter, their jaws would probably unhinge and fall on the floor. 

The boys were already halfway through their third song by the time you shuffled down the row of girls to your seat. Despite being so far away it was useless to try and tell the boys apart aside from their most obvious characteristics-- Niall's guitar, Harry's flopping hair, Louis and Liam constantly chasing after each other-- the girls around you were singing along to every word and having quite the party amongst themselves. It was lovely to see the community they formed, even right there in the very last few rows of seats on the very highest balcony, some with complete strangers. It made you smile knowing that Harry was part of that.

The fans surrounding you seemed to be college-aged, singing and dancing, but doing less of the screaming you were accustomed to when you were closer to the stage. It was a rather nice change, actually, and you sang along with them so casually that it actually took a few songs for anyone to notice who you were. And even when they did, they were amazingly calm and polite-- well, considering that they were high on adrenaline, thanks to being at a One Direction concert. But you were as well, so all of your collective excitement evened out quite well and you got on with each other at a surprisingly quick rate. At first when they'd see Harry on the jumbotron and slip saying something like, "God, he's so attractive," they'd look at you with a bit of fear and embarrassment in their eyes. But after you'd reassure them with a silly phrase like, "I know, right?!" there was quick laughter between you. Soon you'd all taken to hilarious commentaries of his hair, those dumb fist pumps that made you all feel a bit weak in the knees, and how sometimes you just couldn't bear his voice it was just too perfect. By the end of the concert, you were all linked with arms around each other, swaying and singing as if you'd come as a group of the very closest friends. You were beginning to understand just why the fandom loved the boys, the concerts, and each other so very much.

Once the concert was over and the lights came up, you made sure to get the girls twitter handles, promising that both you and Harry would follow them before the night was over. One of the girls made a comment about how being a poor college student with cheap seats really paid off this time, and you all laughed cheekily before hugging each other like it was the last day of summer camp.