sapphire wings ~~chapter six~~

Our food eventually comes and I unwrapped the cloth from my fork. “Are you okay Alex?” Chris asks slowly.

I nodded. “I am fine.” He smiles and I gave a half smile in return. We than ate in silence. When then went back to my house. Violet pulled into the driveway. She turns around and looks at me.

“I hate to tell you this or say this at all… You are going to have to now stay at the school for its too dangerous for you at the mortal world anymore. Anything you will need from Miss Melanie’s house you will have to get now.” I sighed but, didn’t ask any questions that flowed through my mind. I just nodded.

I get out and the three of them follow. I walk in the back door. Miss. Melanie was in the kitchen heating up left overs. She looks up at me and her eyes widen. She runs over to the side and wrapped me in a hug. I stiffen and sharp pain renters my shoulder. “Ow…ow. My shoulder.”

She pulls back. “I’m sorry dear. I thought they got you! They didn’t hurt you, did they!?” She asks, I never seen her act like this. Heck, I don’t think she has ever touched me before. Clarisse starts filling her in. Violet getting bored, drags me to my room to help me pack.

I pull a suitcase from my closet and along with my empty school bag. I pull my clothes off my hangers and from my chest into the suitcase. I start putting personal items like, the few pieces of jewelry I had, journals, sketchbooks, iPod, etc. into the book bag. All the items I couldn’t replace easily.

I took a deep breath zipping up the bag. My whole life I lived off this bag and that suitcase. If it didn’t fit it didn’t come. I walk down an abandoned road before during mid burring summer dragging this suitcase behind me. I had no idea where I was going to go just, that I had to get away from there. How I hate memories…

“Is that everything?”

“Yeah.”

She grabs my bag swinging it over her shoulder and I pull the suit case off the bed. I looked around the room, letting a sigh escape. A new start when I thought I was just settling. We walk back out to meet Chris and Clarisse sitting in the living room talking to Miss. Melanie.

Chris looked up at me and smiled, I smiled back. His smile fades then his expression harden, confusion then coats my expression. He jumps up and pulls the curtain back glaring into my back yard. “What’s wrong?” I ask.

“They are here…”

“Who?”

“People from the Earth school.” I set the suitcase next to the couch and walk next to him. I saw to dark figures standing next the shed. A flash of light then appears and the shed explodes in hungry flames. My eyes widen and my stomach sinks.

 “We have to go… now!” Violet says. Chris quickly turns, he ushers me out the front door. I watch as Violet and Clarisse go out the back door, grabbing my bag and suitcase. Miss. Melanie locks the door behind them. Two men were running from the abandoned lot across from us. We both start running down the side walk into town.

Chris grabs my arm pulling me back as a side of flames shoots dangerously beside us. I suck in a breath and my eyes widen. We run down a muddy, litter filled ditch. The mud starts to wrap around my left leg restricting my movement. I look up again and a boy in a black uniform shot fire from his palm again at me. I screech.

I pull my arms defensively in front of my face fearing of the flames devouring me, they don’t. They pass by me as if my arms acted as a shield warmth spreading through them. Chris pulls me from the mud. “Open your wings.” Chris demands as we rung through the woods hand in hand.