If I only knew that day would be my last normal day ~~chapter one~~

Fire and Ice

Some say the world will end in fire,

Some say in ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those who favor fire.

But if it had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate

To say that for destruction ice

Is also great

And would suffice.

-Robert frost

The warm breeze blew though my hair flinging it around my face. I giggled softy and pulled the dark reddish brown pieces away from my face looking at the sky. The sun setting off in purples and blues, pulling the clouds with it. If only I knew that day would be my last normal day. My friends passing off our bag of taffy we just bought. The soft sweet pieces melting in our mouths with the flavor of summer strawberries.

The grass flopping over my sandals tickling my feet. I tuck my soft skirt in as the three of us sit down on a metal bench. A girl with blonde curls to her shoulders hands me the last piece of taffy and I throw the wax paper wrapper, into a brown paper bag they came in. The wind decides to take our hair again attacking each other's faces. We all laugh quickly holding our hair down. The blonde girl to my right takes a small orange leaf from my hair letting it get caught in the air and flying away.

"One more week till school..." She says quietly.

"Why do we have to go to school again?" A girl on my left with her hair pulled into a braid which was falling out. Her green eyes matching the trees around us.

"So we can learn from abusive amounts of homework, red face teachers, and the zombies we call our peers." I chime. The blonde laughs which gets carried with the wind, picks up the brown bag throwing it in the trash.

"Don't worry Violet only two more years... then we all go to college..." Emerald eyes says. Violet sighs twisting her blonde hair.

"I rather put up with high school then leave you guys."

"Same here..." The rest of us chime. My phone then vibrates softly in my purse releasing the sound of wind chimes. I quickly flip it out.

"Chris." Sprawls out across the screen. "Ooo Lover boy is calling." The girl to my left says leaning over looking at my phone.

"Be right back guys." I say ignoring her comment and got up answering the phone.

"Leave her alone Clairisse." Violet says before I was out of earshot.

"Hey Chris, What's up?" I say putting the cold phone to my ear.

"Hey Alex... Did you forget something?" I squeezed my eyes shut to open them a second later.

"Sorry... Sorry, I totally forgot. I can meet you at the theater in a half hour?" A chuckle comes from the phone.

"Okay talk to you later."

"Talk to you later." I check my phone, he must have been standing at the theater for an hour now.

I really got to manage my time more. I quickly walk back to the bench were the two busted into laughter, I didn't bother to ask. "I have to go... I was supposed to meet Chris, an hour ago."

"You need a ride?" Violet asks causing me to shake my head no. "It's not far from here I should be able to make it." She nods.

"We'll have fun." I nod, walking off.