Beast in the woods, Fiery Chimera ~~Chapter 8~~

Violet and I sat outside in the woods cross legged from a yard of each other. The sun was just setting in the trees pulling purple and blues with it. Chris and a few other stood around the woods for protection in case any people from the earth school show up. “Just concentrate.” Violet says slowly.

I glared at a small leaf that I was supposed to catch on fire. I took a deep breath and continued staring at the leaf. As if someone threw a ball of fire it erupt in flames, along with the grass separating Violet and I. With a swipe of a hand it went away leaving brown charred grass. I sighed.

“Well you got the leaf… but, try to contain the fire.” She tosses a stick were the leaf was. “Try again.” I stared at the twig. It caught on fire but, took the surrounding area with it as well. It was less than before at least. We tried again and again. I did get it eventually though.

“Finally!” I say but, after my outburst the fire spread.

“Pull it back.” Violet says.

“What?”

“Pull the fire back to just the twig.” She says quickly and I turned my attention back to the fire. With enough concentration the fire very slowly went back to the twig.

“Put it out.” She says quickly. I glare at the fire and it goes out. Violet lets out a breath and leans back against a tree. “Do it again.” She says tossing another stick in.

I control the fire about four more times. “Okay, I think we got control now.” Violet says. I nodded glad I accomplish something after two hours. I felt bad about all the burnt grass though. I put my hand on the crippled grass, my hands tickled.

Slowly new green grass grew back and the dead grass disappeared. The grass was healthier and greener than the grass around it that I didn’t burn. I pulled my hand back from the green. I shouldn’t be able to so that. I looked at Violet and she was thinking the same thing. “How…” She starts but I interrupt.

“I don’t know.”

“Earth isn’t just rocks but, also greenery and plants. Every element has a side power I guess you call it but, not all can control it. The one with the spirit has such great power controlling all ten elements there is no telling what you might be capable of.” A familiar voice says behind me. I look up to see Taylor standing behind me. I stand up and quickly turn around.

“Hello Alex…” He says.

“Can’t you just leave me alone?”

He runs his fingers through his curled hair and sighs. “Whatever.” He then walks off and disappears within the trees. I sit down in the grass with a huff and lean back looking at the sky.

“You’re not even going to let him explain are you?” Chris says and sits next to me. I honestly forgot he was still around. Violet scoots over and sits next to me.

“There is nothing for him to explain. They abandoned me. I don’t care about the crap about… it was for your own protection…or we had no other choice… it was for the best… When it comes down to it they still abandoned me. You never abandon the ones you love.” I took a deep breath watching the dark night clouds hide the twinkling stars.

Violet shook her head and took out her phone checking the time. “We have about an hour left of practice. Come on I want to show you something.” She says and both of us stand. I heard an ear-piercing scream and my head jerks towards the woods. “What was that…” I say slowly. A growl then shook my bones.

A lion jumps from the woods, no it wasn’t a lion. It was bigger. Yellow, blood stained fangs hanged from its mouth. Matted silver fur hanged to its coat but a leather tail whipped around snapping in the air. Its eyes were black as coal.

It roared and vibrant blue flames came from its mouth. Violet stood in front of me and deflected the flames. I stood in shocked and terror running through my veins. Chris wraps his arms under me and picks me up. His wings unfold and he runs taking flight, getting me out of there. “No…No! We can’t leave Violet!” I scream trying to squirm away.

He tightens his grip not wanting to drop me. “Alexandria, calm down. Violet can handle herself. She is not alone may I remind you.” I look down and he was right. Violet stood with two other boys and another girl fighting the monster. Waves of blues with reds flew in the air along with gusts of winds.

I lose sight of them through the trees. We land on the roof of the school. “What was that…” I say slowly, looking out into the woods.

“It was a chimera.” “A what?”

“Chimera, the thing you just saw.”

“Oh…” He nods.

I stayed on the roof with Chris staring off in the woods, till I saw three winged people fly from the trees. One of the boys were carrying Violet and when they reached the roof, he set her down. She runs up and hugs me. “Are you okay?” She ask. I laugh slightly.

“I’m fine.” She nods.

“Good.”

I look at the one girl who stood glaring at me with her arms crossed. Her black hair laid flat to her shoulders and her brown eyes was murderous. “Thanks Nadia.” Violet says carefully looking from me to her. The girl scoffs shaking her head. She turns around her black and red wings wiping out. She jumps flying to the bottom.

“Why was she glaring at me…?” I mutter.

“Don’t worry about it.” Violet says, I nod.

“Come on, let’s just go inside. I’m Thirsty.” She says and I follow her inside with Chris at my side.

(( feel free to vote? Comment?have a nice day!