firery anger ~~chapter nine~~

The two boys follow behind us silently. “What exactly is a Chimera?” I ask to disperse the silence, and honestly I was curious.

“Chimera is a beast of a mixture of other animals. That one in particular was a lion and Lilliputian-dragon.” One of the boys said behind me.

“Lilliputian-dragon?” I ask.

“It’s a small breed of dragons that browse our land. Most of them are the cause of the creations of chimeras.” The other boy says. I nodded. It then goes silent and we end up walking to the garden. Violet and I exchanged glances.

She whispers something in one of their ear’s. He smirks and I raised a brow confused. The three of them walk away. “Have fun!” She chimes before she turned a corner. I scoff shaking my head as realization hit me. Great, she is playing cupid again.

Chris intertwines his hand with in mine once she was gone. “Stop glaring.” He whispers in my ear his breath tickling. I push him away playfully, giggling. He then smiles, leading me into the garden. We walk around and I continue to gawk at the beautiful scenery.

We sit down a granite stone bench gently carved in a delicate swirl pattern. We both catch each other’s eyes. I couldn’t stop the ting of scarlet growing on my cheeks. Chris has kissed me before, once. It was the first time we ever hung out alone. Afterwards he walked me up to my house. Both him and I were laughing enjoying the cool night.

I lean against the wall beside the door, not wanting to walk inside yet because I know it will end the night. “Tonight was fun.” He says. I smiled nodded and agreed. He gently brushes his hand across my cheek. “You’re beautiful…” He mumbles.

Blushing brightly I look down embarrassed. “Thank you.” I say. As the silence follows I slowly look back up again. He leans in kissing me lightly. Panicked I pressed myself against the back wall and I turn my head to my side.

Chris looked at me clearly hurt, my stomach drops. “I’m sorry…” I mumble and quickly run into the house. We still hung out alone, still held hands time to time, and acted as I guess a couple would… Never has he kissed me again though or even attempted too. I don’t know why I reacted that way, I just panicked. I guess.

“Are you okay Alex?” Chris asks breaking me from my memory. I quickly nodded.

“Yeah…Yea, I’m fine.” I say looking away. He grabs my hand again giving a comforting squeeze.

“You know I won’t let anything hurt you.” He whispered. I always felt comforted when I was with him. I had someone that would always be there for me and here me when I was alone.

“I know.” I replied gently, even though that wasn’t what was bothering me. I heard shuffling behind me that interrupted my thoughts. I stiffened and quickly turned around. A plastic bucket was being lifted over our heads and water was being dumped out. I squeaked flinching away leaning to the side.

Chis got soaked while I only got about half wet. Chris jerked around glaring at Stef. He smirked. “Hey love birds.” He says chuckling to himself. I wiped the water off my skin flicking it at Stef but, somehow it turned to ice shards as it left my fingers. He moved to the side dodging it with ease. I sighed leaning against the back of the bench.

“Nice try.” He whispers in my ear. I jump up from the bench and quickly turned around.

“Don’t do that again.” I growl. He smirks walking around the bench towards me. Chris stood up looking at me his wet blonde hair almost covering his eyes completely.

“Watch me.” He almost whispers. I took a step back. Before I knew it five crystals were heading towards me square in the face. I squeaked stepping to the side trying to step away. A stinging sensation formed in the side of my face and the side of my arm.