Taylor ~~Chapter Five~~

there is a story behind every person. There's a reason why they're the way they are. They are'nt just like that because they want to. Something in the past created them and sometimes its impossible to fix them

- unknown

I dropped my hand from Chris’s and looked at Taylor. I didn’t know what to feel, angry, shocked, or hurt. He looked at me as if I wasn’t he expected. I didn’t even know what to expect from the family who abandoned me. Why? Why did you abandoned me? I wanted to scream.

 I spent my life under twelve foster homes and parents in sixteen years. People have abandoned me, I lived on the streets before, I seen people die, and I want to know why they left me as soon as I was born. Am I really that bad? I had so many questions. My hands started to sweat and shake.

“Alexandria… I’m” He starts but, I quickly interrupt him.

“Don’t apologies… If you were sorry, you wouldn’t have abandoned me on the orphanage door step.” I growl, anger flowing through me the slight breeze took a shift causing them to become winds.

“Please Alex… just understand…”

“No I don’t understand and I won’t. How will I ever understand the fact that for my whole life I felt lost and in wonder why my own family left me?” He sighs and takes a step forward. I take a step back.

“Don’t come near me.” I growl. The ground cracked slightly under my foot and I watched as the ground rose and flung Taylor onto his back.

He groans. I shook my head and walked past him out of the garden. “Should I stop her?” Chris asks wearily.

“No, she has a right to be pissed.” Taylor says before I was out of ear shot and out of the beautiful garden. I lean against the wall next to the door. My hands continued to shake.

I slid down the wall and sat on the floor. A warm tear went down my face and I quickly wiped it away. I will not cry. I can’t cry because I cried too much over this subject. I already regretted what I said and what I did. I still don’t know any other way to react though.

Chris eventually came out and sat next to me. I stared blankly at the wall in front of me. “Are you okay?” He asks gently draping an arm over my shoulders. I didn't respond.My shoulder started throbbing by the weight of his hand. It didn’t hurt at all in the garden. “I know this must be a lot to take in but, it does get better.”

“I hope.”

“It will.”

He moves his hand from my shoulder to upper arm as if just realizing that is my bad shoulder.I think back to when he scratched my face. I brushed my cheek no cut… “What happened to the cut on my face?” “It wasn’t as deep as your shoulder… our medicines healed it with ease.”

“Oh…” He nods and kisses my head. Taylor walks out his back of his shirt covered in dirt. He walks past us but, didn’t glance at us once.

“I’m nowhere perfect with first impressions…” I whisper and he chuckles. We then sit there in silence, at least unto my stomach embarrassingly break the silence with a nasty growl. I wrapped my arms around myself as if to make it stop. Chis stands and hold out his hand to help me up which I took.

“Let’s give you some food.”

“No…you don’t have to.”

“Come on.” He says not taking no for an answer. He wraps an arm around my waist and leads me down the hall. Violet pops her head from one of the doors.