broken bone~~ Chapter twelve~~

I pushed the pasta noodles around my plate as people were laughing and smiling. The diner we were at has a comedian doing stand-up comedy. We decided to do something fun on the fact it was Saturday.  “Are you okay?” Chris asks. I quickly nodded forcing a smile. I set the fork down leaving the last few bites. Chris wraps his arms around my shoulder and I scoot close to him my smile growing.

I shivered as the door opened sending cold air my way. “I’m going out to the car to get my jacket.” I say getting up. I ask Clarisse for the keys and she tosses them to me. I twist them around my finger and leave out the door. I walk to the back of the parking lot to the black car.

My hair stands up on the back of my neck, but I push it aside thinking it was just the cold air. The pit in my stomach twisted in my stomach as I unlocked the car. I jumped at the sound. I held my breath as I heard foot steps behind me. I dropped the keys turning around. “Who’s there?”

Someone behind me wrapped an arm around me and covered my mouth, their hand covered in a leather glove. I stood completely still. “Don’t scream.” A rusty voice whispers in my ear. I quickly turned jabbing my elbow into his side. He doesn’t even move. He grabs me by the neck and slams my body into a car. I let out a scream before I couldn’t even breathe.

I grabbed his wrist trying to get his hand off my neck. I chocked trying to get air my nails digging into his wrist. He then lets me go as the shattered glass dug into my skin. I fell trying to get my breath. I swung my arm sending a gust of weak air at his face. He gripped my shoulder that was torn before reentering pain and lift me up. His hood fell. It was the guy from the dungeon.

I cringed. “You recognize me? Did you think I was dead? Well I’m very much alive.” He growls close to my face. I the glare despite the fear building up.

“Leave me alone.” I growl back pushing him with a gust of air. He pushes back making a dent in Violet’s car. I started to run back to the diner. Something grabbed around my ankle causing me to fall I looked back to see the ground to swallow my foot. A black metal mesh flew over me and cling to my skin. I sent an ear piercing scream as bolts of electricity and heat flew through my body.

I heard Clarisse call my name and several footsteps headed towards me. A pair of arms wrapped around me lifting me up. I shuddered as the electricity flew through my body again. The guy took off through the back of the buildings down allies.  I heard footsteps traveling not far behind.

He steps into an alley. Chris stops hesitating. “They’re gone…” Violet says panicking looking around. I opened my mouth to speak but, the bolts of electricity through my body made me stop.

Chris shakes his head. “No they’re not.” Clarisse looked over at me.  A band of wind came towards us. The guy dropped my feet but held my waist holding my close to him. He holds his other arm up causing a block of rock to come up blocking Clarisse attack. He pushes the rock towards the three of them. Clarisse grabs Violet’s arm and they both dive out of the way. Chris jumps over it. I struggled and pushed the guy holding me away to be punished by harmful jolts once again. I scream collapsing to the ground.

Clarisse helps me up and takes a strange blade and cuts the net pushing it off me. I whispered a thank you but, I could still feel the jolts within my body. My hands wouldn’t stop shaking. I then looked towards Chris. He got sent back towards a building the brick breaking around him. A new boy and a girl, who I haven’t seen before were both attacking Violet. “Clarisse get Alex out of here now!” Chris yells. She grabs my wrist and quickly pulls me out of the alley.