Chains and Darkness ~~ Chapter two~~

“I…I think.” I muttered not really knowing as my head started to throb. He pushed his car door open and ran over to my door prying it opened. His arms swept under me and he slowly picked me up from the smoking car. He set me down in the weeds and dirt, just as the car started to erupt in flames.  I coughed the smoke invading my lungs.

Chris kneels in front of me. “Are you okay?” He asks again slowly. I raise my eyes from the ground to look into his eyes.

“My head hurts… but I’m fine.” He nods slowly, his gaze shift from me to the people getting from the van that crashed into us. He swears and I look around him getting a glimpse at a girl with pure blonde hair and three men at her side. The men were running towards us, towards me.

He stands in front of me blocking my view. I quickly scrambled up but as if the earth below me lifted up and I quickly lost balance hitting knee first to the ground, the pebbles digging into my palms. The earth moved throwing Chris against the trees. Dark orange leather wings then folded out, fluttering picking him up, and I stared in utter surprise.

“Alex run!” I look up and a man was reaching down trying to grab me. I quickly took my feet pushing his feet, from under his body and stood up running. A gust of wind then sliced across my back to the point of pain. I then fall again my chin slamming on the cement on the edge of the road.

I then felt a hard hand reach down yanking me up by my arm. I scream and attempted to push him away from me. “Let me go! Get your filthy hands off me!” I shrieked. A wet cloth then was placed over my mouth a very sour taste and smell lifted through me.

My body went limp and my heart race increased into my ears. He swept an arm around me lifting me up. I saw Chris fighting the two men and the blond girl stood off to the side grinning watching everything. A car didn’t past to help us and black spots covered my vision till everything was a blur. I then went out completely.

I then woke up my arms raised in black shinny chains. I tried to move my feet but, they were chained to. I pulled against the chains and all that happened was a sound of colliding metal. I start to panic and my heart started to race. I was in some kind of dungeon, it seemed like. The walls were lit with small fire lit torches, revealing a barred door.

I uselessly continued to pull at the chains, sweat trickling down my neck even though the room was cold. A man comes by unlocking the door and pried the screeching door opened. He started walking over to me and I stopped rattling the chains to look at him.

He was one of the men fighting Chris an ugly gash across his dark chest. Strange patches of green reptilian scales patched on the right side of his chest and the bottom of both of his arms. While muscles popped from his arms and chest. They shimmered in the light and dark soulless, brown eyes glared back at me.

His lips twisted up into a small smirk. He reached his hand to my face. He had no nails just, black glistening claws growing from his fingers. I pulled back trying to get away from him but, the chains only allowed me to move a few inches. He dragged his cold hand alone my cheek. I cringed, squeezing my eyes shut. He let out a soft chuckle.

One of his claws dug into my skin leaving warm blood, to drip down my face.  I pull against the chains even harder, the metal digging into my wrists. “What do you want from me?” I hiss. He pulls his hand back looking me in the eyes.

"What? You don’t know?”I shake my head trying not to surrender to tears from my fear.He reaches out to touch my face again. “Well…”

His claw digs farther into my skin. I grit my teeth and he smiles, scraping down to my jaw bone. “Leave me alone…” I say almost whimpering. He takes a step closer towards me and cups my face with his hands with his rough hands.

“Why?”

He asks and leans in as if to kiss me. I didn’t take to time to figure out his intention. A wave of unknown energy seemed to flow from my core. I gripped the chains and with a solid tug they broke. His eyes widen, clearly surprised. “Get away from me!” I shriek and thrust my hands as if I would push him away but, I didn’t touch him.

Everything around me seemed to push forward from the fire on the torches, to the rocky floor below me, and even the air around us. Fire climbed the walls and the rocky floor looked like it suffered an earthquake. I stand in shock, my hands shaking. The man was laying on the far wall knocked out the wall cracking around him.

((Hey guys! like this chapter? good? bad? Don't be scared to comment! I was going to post one chapter this week but, it ended up being really long so I am posting two. Most of the credit of this story does go to my best friend Austin whos account is Cheshiremichaelis. She came up with the idea I just took time and turned it to a book. ^-^=