Chapter Ten {A Reluctant Farewell}

When I awoke the next morning, Blue was asleep in the chair sat in the corner of the room, a little drool escaping from the corner of his mouth. I chuckled. "Wonder what he'll do while I'm at school."

I took the pile of school clothes that were stacked next to the chair and walked to the bathroom to shower. The hot water stung as it hit each of the cuts covering my arms before my skin turned numb. After making sure my wounds were cleaned, I got out and changed into my uniform. I tied my wet hair back before heading to breakfast.

"Morning Kiko," Blue smiled from the table.

"How are you feeling?" Kisuke asked.

"Sore and tired, but I suppose you suspected that?" I raised my brow at him.

"You are correct!" he cheered, and I sighed, "I'm actually surprised you're awake. When the soul has taken damage, it takes a lot longer to heal than physical wounds. It'll take a few weeks for you to be completely healed and for Blue to return without treatment."

"What's the treatment?" I hesitantly asked while taking a mouth full of cereal.

"Just some pills. Don't worry about; what did you think it would be?" he asked with a smirk.

"Knowing you it would be torture," I stated bluntly.

"Awe, come on Kiko! You know me better than that," he whined.

"It's because I know you that I know you'd do something like that." He pouted before changing the subject. "So Blue, what are you planning on doing today?"

"I grabbed your game that you're always on from the house, so I'll just use that all day," he explained. I nodded as I stood up and grab my school bag.

"I'm off to school. Don't break my game and I'll meet you at home Blue," I said as I waved goodbye.

"Bye Kukiko. Make sure not to push yourself, okay?" Blue asked with a concerned tone.

"Of course. Would you really expect me to exert myself for school?" he laughed and nodded in agreement.

"No, I wouldn't." With that I walk out the door and head to school.

As I walk, I start to think about what's going to happen soon. Knowing the Soul Society, they'd come after both Ichigo and Rukia after the incident with the Menos Grande. They'd probably come for me to since I recklessly spilled my spirit energy.

I let out a frustrated sigh, I had let my emotions take over and put myself and those around me in even more danger. I missed the times before all this started, before Rukia appeared and put Ichigo in danger by making him a Soul Reaper. So much has changed since then.

I was so wrapped up in my thoughts I didn't realise when I made it to the school gates. I walked inside and took my seat at my desk. Unfortunately for me, my bandaged arms got a lot of attention from my classmates.

"Holy crap Kiko what happened to you?" Tatsuki gasped when she saw my injuries. I knew this would happen, so I came prepared.

"Umm, do you remember the last time I tried to recreate a meal that Yuzu made me? It may have happened again." I nervously laughed, hoping they would buy it. My adventures in cooking have resulted in similar looking injuries before.

"Not again! Are you really that bad at cooking?" she sighed.

"Better than Orihime," I muttered quietly.

"True, but at least she doesn't send herself to hospital while cooking whatever it is that she does." I shuddered at the thought of Orihime's food. None of it made any sense. I turned my attention to Ichigo who seemed to be staring into space.