Chapter Five {Truth Unraveled}

After eating with Ichigo's family and heading back home, I sat on the couch thinking of Yastora and his bird. I hadn't heard of a spirit possessing an animal before and it intrigued me. I guessed it was possible as a person's soul is stronger than an animal's but I just hadn't heard about it before. I hoped it was a kind spirit and not the hollow presence I had felt the night before. It was quite the coincidence that both spirits had appeared at the same time.

There was absolutely nothing for me to do but sit down and get some rest. It was an insane day and my head was still lightly sore. I hoped that this seal would last long enough for us to find the solution I'd been searching for, but I wasn't even sure if it even existed. I let out a frustrated sigh and walked to the bathroom to shower and relax. When the water met my skin, I let out a sigh of relief. It's weird to think that I'm acting as though nothing was wrong, everything was normal when it's anything but. I suppose that things were never exactly normal, but they were managing to become weirder by the second. I was yet to determine whether the frequent changes happening around me were good or bad.

All the thoughts rushing through my head caused it to throb painfully, so after the shower, I went straight into my bed to try and recover from the day's events.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I woke up the next morning, I was instantly on edge. The hollow I'd felt from the night before was back and attacking someone. "What time is it?!" I jumped out of bed and changed into something appropriate before running over to the Kurosaki residence. When I came in, Ishin's voice echoed through the walls.

"Bad news! Chad's disappeared from his room; he's gone!" I stopped myself from entering the building, running out into the streets to search for Yastora.

"When did he get there in the first place? Did the hollow get to him? He won't be able to see a thing, so he's in a lot of trouble. If I can't get to him, he's dead meat no matter how strong he is!" I tried to sense his spiritual pressure, but it was weak and hard to grasp. The best I had was a general direction, so I sprinted as fast as my body would allow.

"Dammit Yastora; where did you go?" I continued running throughout the streets, but began to lose my breath after a while and stopped. I scaned the area once more, this time picking up a faint rise in spiritual pressure, "Rukia..." I raced towards where the kido came from. Rukia still didn't have her powers, and that gigai would further restrict her movements. I couldn't waste a second, or both her and Yastora would be in grave danger.

When I finally arrived at the scene; Yastora punching the hollow dead in the face.

"Alright, I got it again." I couldn't believe that Yastora had hit that monster so accurately, and he seemed pleased with himself. The appearance of the hollow was disturbing, with the wings that adorned his back making him seem more of a problem.

"Rukia are you okay?" I asked, running to her side.

"I'm fine. Did you see that? Chad hit it. Do you think he can see spirits after all?" We turned our head to see him punching his fist into thin air.

"I'll take that as a no," I laughed. The hollow jumped into the air above us and spread his wings, just as I had feared.

"Don't just stand there get moving! He's in the air right above you!" Rukia exclaimed.

Yastora sent us an odd look before asking, "Hey new girl and Kukiko, are you telling me you two can see ghost?"

"There's no time to explain. Just get away before he strikes!"

"Where exactly?"

"How would that help Yastora? You have to leave before you get even more hurt!" I was worried: really worried. He could be killed by something he can't even see.