chapter 3: Protective brothers and red convertibles.

hey sorry that i havnt uploaded in like forever... i was busy with school and crap, soo the song for this chapter is BE MY ESCAPE BY RELIENT K great song you will see it again just so u know. any way enough of me heres the story....

++++++++

Chapter 3

After dinner, I helped Stacy clean up, and do the dishes. Then Collin and I went back into the living room to study more.

  "What's the answer to number 21?" he asks as I doddle on my note book. I glance at my paper then go back to my drawing.

"B?" I say but it sounded more like a question. 

"Yep, wow math is so much harder than it looks." He says sighing and closing the book. I roll my eyes.

"At least we won't fail." I say still not looking up to meet his gaze. When I do look up he's smirking at me.

"Don't be so sure about that. Im still not that great, so if u come over to help me study tomorrow then maybe..." his voice trails off.

 I laugh and throw a pillow at him. He dodges it easily.

"Ok fine." I say standing up and stretching. Im gona go get a drink do you want any thing?" I ask as I head for the kitchen.

"Um nothing for me." He says reaching for the remote.

 The kitchen is empty and the lights are off. I scramble to find the light so I don't run into something. But some one else's hand gets there first and flips the switch. When the lights come on Emit is standing there. I gasp and smile. My heart beating fast from the scare. "You scared the shit out of me!" I say walking over to the fridge. I open the double doors to grab a bottle of water.

  They have an orderly fridge. Every thing is neat and in it's place. Unlike our messy unorganized fridge. I unscrew the lid and take a drink before turning around to see Emit standing so close I can barley reach my finger out to poke him. I hold in a scream and look up at his face; which is really close to mine.

He smiles. The smile alone would stop my heart but he doesn't leave it at that. He kisses me on the lips! Not just a peck either. A kiss that Lilly would have called pg-13. She rates all kisses by severity. My knees start to wobble and go weak. He wraps an arm around my waist to keep me up. When he finally pulls back he doesn't go far and he doesn't move his arm.

"I like you Casey. I like you a lot. Yeah, I know you probably like my brother and that's why you're here for him, but..." His voice trails off leaving the ending suspended in the air. My breath hitches at the idea of it.

  I want to reassure him, that I like him as much as he claims to like me. Make sure he knows I don't feel that way for his brother, that I was only partly here for the studying and that I came here to see him against all of my brother's warnings. But the only thing that comes out is a chocked squeak. what a way with words you have.

 He chuckles. His lips are swollen and red still. Making him look way hotter then usual. "But I'm only a freshmen." I whisper and for the second time I mentally slap my self in front of him. Way to make yourself look stupid, in front of a hot guy that just told you he likes you! A voice in the back of my head screams.

  He shrugs obviously ignoring the fact that I was blushing from embarrassment. "Age is but a number. Right?" he says moving a strand of hair from my face. He so close I can feel his breath on my cheek, but it's not creepy when he does it.

 "I-uh-I guess so. But my brother-." his lips cut me off and my heart flutters like the butterflies had escaped from my stomach.

"Brothers are so annoying aren't they?" he says against my lips. I nod not sure I really meant it but when in the moment you go with it. He smiles. "And who said they have to find out?" he asks voice light and questioning. Emit's finger lightly traces a line down my face, starting at the temple and ending towards my jaw. His touch sets my skin on fire and fills every inch of me with desire.