43. Torture

Serenity

I don't have any clue about what Five is trying to do here. How stupid could I get? It is too obvious. Of course I know what he's doing! He is telling me that he will not go anywhere unless he gets what he wants. Are the Palmers naturally spoiled-brats? Are they so used to getting what they want? Because that's what I am getting from the attitude Five is showing off here! It's annoying. After the package he sent through the mail yesterday, he now sends me a bouquet of red roses which are neatly arranged in perfected elegance. Life just sucks. I cannot do anything with it other than throwing it on the garbage bin despite the fact that it looks so beautiful and perfect.

"What the hell do you want?" Bungad ko nang sagutin ang tawag ni Five. Nasa labas pa ako ng bahay. Kakatapon ko lang ng bulaklak na ipinadeliver niya.

"You know exactly what I want. Maybe not what. It's who."

"Maybe I don't." Singhal ko rito. "What the hell Five! You want me killed—that is what you want, isn't it?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Fxck Palmer! Get lost! Stop sending flowers and stuff to someone's wife!"

"Let me rephrase that for you. I am sending flowers and stuff to my own wife because that's just how it's supposed to be."

I sigh as tears begin to race down my cheeks. Before anyone can catch a glimpse of me crying, I quickly stroke my hands on my cheeks to wipe the tears off.

"When will you ever stop, Five?" Halos pabulong na sambit ko. "You are hurting me. You are ruining my life."

"Really? Meet at the tower tonight. Bring Khaleesi with you. And don't make me wait." He orders and without letting me say a word, he hangs up. Him inflicting terror on me doesn't end there. From the garden where I stand, I spot him leaning on a car that's parked outside the house. He knows where I am. What is he now? A spy? A detective? Ugh. Why can't he just stop!?

"It's time for breakfast, honey!" I hear Alec calling me out from inside the house. I quickly pat my hair to fix it and wipe my cheeks to make sure that no tear is stained on it.

"Coming!"

For the entire day, hindi ako mapakali dahil hindi ko alam kung paano magpaalam kay Alec na umalis nang hindi siya maghihinalang makikipagkita ako kay Five. He's a paranoid. He gets jealous all the time.

"You've been so quite since this morning. Is anything wrong?" He asks thoughtfully. His voice is calm and worried.

"I'm just... I don't know Alec. I just want to go home already."

With a gentle grip, he turns me around to face him. Alec squeezes my shoulder. Then, he sighs before giving me a sad small smile. "I was thinking, let's just stay here."

I pull back after hearing him say that. "Alec, no."

"Why not? Love, you grew up here. This place, this house is special for you—"

"This place sucks." I cut him off. "I never liked being here."

"Alright." He mouths while his thumb reaches my face to catch a stray tear I don't see coming. "Alright. We're going back to States."

Niyakap niya ako ng mahigpit. It's all I needed because I am feeling so down and useless and stupid now. I need to have a shoulder to lean on. Yes, I've never looked at Alec the way I look at Five but he's kind of special. He always treats me right—I mean, the kind of right that he believes in. He is my friend. Before everything went shitty years ago, he's my friend.

"Alec?"

"Love?"

"Can I go see my friends tonight?" He looks at me with frowning forehead at my question. Kinabahan ako bigla. "If it's not fine, I wouldn't mind. I would understand." Bawi ko kaagad.