1. Stupid

Five

I find out that Nicko is out with her friends and it's already very late at night. Nag-aalala na ng sobra si tita Keam sa kanya. Napatawag siya sa'min sa bahay dahil akala niya ay nandito sa'min si Nicko. She's Kendall's only sister, Kylie Nicolette. We have no idea where to find her. Tito Noah is driving around for hours now.

"Where are you going, son?" Mom asks when she catches me heading out of the house.

"I'll help tito Noah in finding Nicko."

"Okay. Mag-iingat ka sa pagmamaneho."

For some indefinite reason, my head tells me to check the bars and it's what I do for the following minutes. I fail though. I hop on to different bars and I still couldn't find my cousin. But I continue searching for an hour. Finally, I see her dancing with some guys on the bar. The jerks look older than her. Walang sabi-sabing hinila ko palabas ng bar ang nakainom kong pinsan. Those jerks, they better be gone before I return inside or else...

"What are you doing?"

"Duh. I just drink one glass and look kuya, I'm eighteen. I'm of legal age already." She reasons, her voice almost unrecognizable because of tipsiness.

"Nicolette, this is not a tolerable behavior—"

"Nicko!" Tito Noah calls out who we don't notice coming. He immediately drags her towards the car after thanking me.

Binalikan ko sa loob ang mga barkada ni Nicko. Nahihirapan akong hanapin ang mga ito. Instead of finding them, I see a familiar face.

"Hey handsome!" The girl squeals before I could find my way out of the suffocating bar. "Hey! Don't run on me." I realize that she chase me when I am out of the place. Napaupo ito sa may hallway dala siguro ng kalasingan.

"Go home, kid." I tell her and proceed to leave. However, she hooks her hand on my pants and when I turn around to confront her, she's looking up, smiling at me.

"Can you drive me home?"

"No." Sagot ko sabay takwil ng kamay niyang nakahawak sa'kin.

"How could you be so cold? I'm underage. I need help. I'm drunk and I can't find my way home." She rants, pouting her lips.

"Yeah?" I crouch to look at her closely. "You're underage and you're not supposed to drink." Pangaral ko sabay pitik ng noo niya. Is this girl crazy? I did not say anything nice but why is she even smiling?

"Hey!" Tawag niya nang talikuran ko na siya.

"Drive her to the nearest hotel." I tell the taxi driver that I find parking in front of the bar. Nag-abot ako ng pera dito pero hindi niya nakuha dahil biglang may yumakap sa'kin sa likuran.

"Baby, don't be mad na. I will not drink again. I promise. Kuya driver, sorry po. LQ lang." Pagpapaumanhin niya sa driver na agad namang umalis. "Good boy." She murmurs after the guy left.

"Let go." Utos kong hindi niya pinansin kaya napilitan akong alisin ang mga kamay niya.

"Did you say, let's go?" Nakangiting wika niya.

Damn. How does someone so annoying as her exist? Napailing nalang ako. Hindi ko siya pinansin. Naglakad ako papunta sa kotse at nang makalayo sa kanya. She is not my responsibility. I should not care about her not getting home.

"Siri!"

Hindi ako nakapasok ng tuluyan sa kotse nang marinig ang sigaw ng lalaking kakalabas lang ng bar.

"Hey, silly girl. We've been looking for you. Where have you been?" Tanong nito sabay akbay sa babae.

"Miss me already, Seb?" She rolls her eyes as she pulls away. "I'm with my boyfriend. Baby, come here." Is she referring to me? Well, she's looking at me.