Old Friends and New Missions

Hey guys!! Thanks for reading and voting, I really appreciate it!!
——————————————————————

Normal P.O.V

Lucy had finally found the room that belonged to Princess Hisui. She eagerly knocked on the door, excited to be reunited with an old friend.

Princess Hisui has not been informed of this mission or of the fact that Lucy and Laxus were even in the castle. And the look on her face when Lucy appeared was heartwarming.

The green haired girl teared up on the spot, surrounding her arms around Lucy. Lucy was satisfied with herself about surprising the Princess. But she was also happy to be with someone she hasn't seen in ages.

"Lucy, oh my, it's so good to see you!" Princess Hisui cheered, causing Lucy to giggle and nod her head in agreement.

"It's good to see you too, it's been way too long." Lucy smiled, feeling nothing but happiness.

"I'm sorry to cut this short, but I must be going. I have another royal manners and etiquette lesson." Princess Hisui practically rolled her eyes.

"Oh I know how those are. Not the best." Lucy chuckled.

The Princess nodded with a relieved smile. "Not the best at all, but hey, they have to be done at some point. I will be sure to see you again." Princess Hisui smiled before following a maid down the hall and out of sight.

Lucy was all smiles as she walked back to her room, only to be given the shock of her life when she saw Laxus sitting on a chair in the corner.

"Laxus! You scared me!" Lucy panted, her hand covering her beating heart.

"Sorry blondie, but we have to strategize for tomorrow." Laxus said lowly, not wanting anyone other than Lucy to hear incase other ears had been listening.

"Oh, right." Lucy forgot the mission was the whole reason they were there. She had let out a long sigh before sitting on her bed.

"Now, we will trade off every thirty minutes. One of us will be with the Princess, while the other walks around monitoring the ball. We will use telepathy to communicate, I already talked to Warren. Sound good, blondie?" Lucy was surprised at Laxus's well thought out plan. He had seemingly covered every aspect.

"Sounds good, Laxus. I'll ask Loke to help us. It won't hurt to have an extra set of eyes." She shrugged, not wanting to exercise her brain at the current moment.

"Perfect." He stood, preparing to leave. Before he could, Lucy had called out to him.

"Do you want to visit the city? Our mission doesn't technically start until tomorrow." Lucy asked, hoping for a positive response. As grand and beautiful as the castle was, she wanted to explore the city more.

She was rewarded with a nod, giving herself a sense of accomplishment when the slayer had said yes.