Post

Hey my pandas! How are y'all? I hope you're swell!

Welp, so today is my birthday and I've decided as a little gift I'd give you guys a surprise chapter!

This one is cute and I hope you guys like it!

Thank you for all the reads, votes and comments, I appreciate them all so much!

Anyways, without further ado, on with the story! Enjoy :)

——————————————————————

Normal P.O.V

"Okay, so I was thinking that we all split up. We'll cover more ground that way. Laxus, you'll have the north eastern side of the city, Sting, you'll have the northwestern side, and I'll take the southern side of town." Lucy circled each of their spots, none of them being too far from each other.

"Sounds like a plan to me." Sting sighed, flopping back onto his bed, way too dramatically.

"Should we have, you know, like an emergency signal if any of us need it?" Laxus asked, suddenly getting nervous that Lucy would be on the south side of town all by herself. He knew very well that she was capable of handling a mission like this all on her own, but he cared for the girl and didn't want any harm to come upon her.

"Um, I guess just send a blast of magic in the air, one high enough for all of us to see." She shrugged, not putting much thought into an emergency signal.

"Okay, then the plan sounds good. We leave here tomorrow around 5 o'clock, that will give us time to set up and prepare." Laxus smiled, Lucy rolled up the map and put it in her cross body bag that she'd prepared for the mission.

"I'm ready to take those bad guys down." Lucy giggled, pretending to punch the air.

"Me too! I'm ready to give them a taste of their medicine for terrorizing the poor folks of this town." Sting smirked, sitting back up.

"Since when have you been Mr. Justice?" Lucy asked, laughing as she sat down.

"I don't know, but I kinda like it." He stood up, doing poses that resemble super heroes.

"Sit down, doofus." Lucy rolled her eyes, looking to the door when she hears a knock. She shrugs at the two boys before walking to the door.

She opens it to find team Natsu at her door, all with serious faces. She looks back at the two boys talking before shutting the door behind her.

"What's going on, guys?" She asked, Erza sighed before looking her in the eyes.

"The threat is becoming more intense, you guys will have to start your patrol tonight. This enemy is much stronger than we thought, and there's a lot of them. All other groups will be on standby. Here, we have three lacrima's, use them immediately without hesitation. We will dispatch everyone as soon as the signal goes off."

Lucy took all of the lacrima's from Erza, a now worried look on her face. "Is there any more information on the enemies? Like exactly how strong they are?" Erza shook her head.

"We don't know any more information that what we've shared, the council urgently contacted us to brace for more than we thought. We don't even know why they're attacking the city." Erza gave Lucy a saddened look, and Lucy only nodded.

"If these guys are so much of a threat to the point where the council is involved, then why are we here?" She sighed, staring back at her own reflection in the lacrima.

"We're normally the ones they call when they have a threat, even if they tried to lock us up. So it makes no difference." She mumbled the part about trying to jail FairyTail.

"Oh Lucy, here take Happy with you. He'll help you if you need it too." Natsu smiled, the furry cat landing on Lucy's shoulder.

"Welcome aboard Happy!" Lucy smiled, leaning into the cats fur.

"Aye aye!" He cheered, pumping his small hand into the air.

"Good luck to you all, remember do not hesitate to call."

"We won't." Lucy waved before the group walked down the hall to pass on the message to the next group. Lucy walked back into the room, a worried look on her face that caused the boys to run to her.

"Get ready, we're going out tonight. Here, take one of these." Lucy handed one to each boy before setting hers down on the table.

Happy flew to the bed, wanting to rest his wings before his intense battle.

"I just talked to my team, apparently the enemy is a lot stronger than we anticipated, and there's a lot of them. She gave me these because all other teams will be on standby, and we need to call the second we need help. Do not, and I mean do not, hesitate to call in if you need help. Put your egos aside tonight, please." She finished her small speech before walking to the bathroom and changing into her usual battle clothing.

Moments later when she walked out, she saw the boys ready in their gear. Lucy picked up her bag and keys off of the nightstand and headed for the door, picking up her lacrima on the way out. Happy once again rested on her shoulder, keeping a sharp eye out for any danger.

The group was silent on their walk to the center of town. Lucy looked around, every house was boarded up, and the streets looked like a ghost town. "The city was so lively not more than an hour ago." She whispered, frowning knowing that the citizens must have been scared senseless.

When they reached the water fountain in the center of the city, Lucy sighed before turning to the boys. "Okay, remember, don't hesitate to call, and if you are in danger, signal the other two with magic." Lucy held her hand out, and the boys placed theirs on top of hers, they did a small cheer before turning to go their different directions.

Laxus turned around after only a couple steps, causing Sting to turn and watch Laxus as he ran in Lucy's direction.

Laxus grabbed her shoulder and turned her around, quickly giving her a hug, showing her that he cared for her safety, and that he cared for her.  She circled her arms around his broad shoulders, burying her face into his neck.

Sting smiled before turning around and walking away, knowing he lost their little battle.

"Please be careful, Lucy. I don't want anything to happen to you." She smiled before cupping his face and rubbing his cheeks.

"Don't worry, Laxus. I'll be fine." He laughed.

"I know you will be, I just wanted to give you something before we left." He whispered before leaning down and connecting their lips. Lucy was shocked for a moment, but soon her lips began working against his.

He squeezed her tighter before ending the kiss, needing air. "Wow, I'm glad that you decided to give me that." Lucy giggled.

"Oh, you have no idea how long I've wanted to do that. But please, be careful Lucy. I can't loose you."

"I will meet you right here tomorrow morning, safe and sound." He nodded before giving Lucy one last quick meaningful kiss before walking away, back to his post. Lucy watched Laxus until his figure disappeared, she then turned to continue walking to her post, hugging Happy tight to her chest.