We're home

Hey my pandas! How are you? I hope you're swell!

Welp, this is it! The last chapter of 'Lightening'! Thank you to all of those who have stuck by me through it all, I started this story forever ago and I'm finally finishing it!

I really did enjoy this story and the development of Lucy and Laxus, they always have been and always will be one of my favorite FairyTail ships.

Thank you to every vote, comment and read. They all mean so much to me, and they are what keep me going.

Without further ado, on with the final chapter of 'Lightening', 'We're home'! Enjoy :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Normal P.O.V

Lucy was discharged from the infirmary later that afternoon, the magic council captured and jailed every member involved with the guild, and the citizens finally had a piece of mind knowing that they were safe.

The mages started their long journey back to FairyTail, walking back just like they did up. Like usual, Laxus and Lucy had stuck together like glue.

The area was secured, and they had even interrogated some conscious members. It was deemed a safe area by the council, meaning that the mission was over.

On the way out of the city earlier, a large amount of the citizens thanked the mages, wishing them good health.

Each and everyone appreciated the thanks, on most missions the town themselves don't thank the mages, it's usually the mayor or leading authority figure.

All of the mages were looking forward to finally going home and getting rest after all the stress they had been under.

They had made it to the train station several hours later, Sabtertooth having to take it considering how far they still were from their guild, FairyTail was only miles away.

"Thank you, Sabertooth. We really couldn't have done this without you." Erza thanked them, bowing.

"It really was no problem, we enjoyed helping. Let us know if you ever need assistance again, we'd be glad to help." Sting responded, smiling at each member.

He walked up to Lucy and she smiled. He held his hand out to her shoulder, his hand gently gripping her.

"Your power has grown tremendously since we've seen you last, and you should be proud of yourself. I haven't seen many people do what you have and recover so fast. You truly are something special, Lucy Heartfilia." And with that, Sting let her go and got on the train with his guild members leaving Lucy speechless for a moment.

The train started to pull away, and Lucy snapped back into reality to watch the train leave. "Thanks Sting!" She yelled back, fully knowing that he couldn't hear her.

"Well, we're not far from home, lets continue." Erza sighed, leading the group away from the station and back to their guild.

When the guild came into view, Lucy walked faster, pulling Laxus along. He laughed watching how eager she was, thinking about how adorable it was.

She lead the group to the doors, pushing through, hand in hand with Laxus.

"Hey everyone, we're home!"