Intertwined

Hey my pandas! How are y'all? I hope you're swell!

Welp, next chapter is the last one! Thank you so much for reading, commenting and voting throughout this story!

Anyways, without further ado, on with the story! Enjoy :)

—————————————————————-

Normal P.O.V

Laxus made it back to the hospital to see everyone outside the main entrance door huddled in a circle.

"Why are you all out here?" He asked, standing behind Erza. She smiled up at the giant man while turning around.

"Well, we were just discussing the rest of the mission. It was just a small dark guild out for blood and power, the magic council is on their way to obtain them." She smiled, relieved that the mission was complete.

"The mayor had heard about Lucy's condition and upped the pay, of course it's going to her. But, Lucy took out most of the guild that night, they had around fifty men left, sending less than a quarter of what she had to deal left. We went to their headquarters this morning just to finish them off." Erza sadly sighed, guilty she had to send Lucy's group out first.

She knew that it was a bad idea, she should have had her team on the first night just to secure the area.

"I'm impressed, she's been on it lately." He smiled before walking in, seeing the usual nurses in the room, but a lot more than usual.

One nurse noticed him walking in and gestured for the other nurses to leave, when they cleared the way, he saw Lucy sitting up, playing with the cat who now danced around her.

"Lucy?" He breathed before rushing over, throwing the bag next to her on the ground.

"Laxus!" She cheered, throwing her arms around the boy just after he walked over. He hesitated for a second then hugged her back, tucking his nose into her neck, gently rubbing her back. She felt right in his arms, it was almost as though they were literally made for each other.

He felt overwhelmingly happy, and quite frankly, he didn't know how to handle it. Laxus had never felt a joy quite like this, and it felt good. He never wanted the safe feeling to go away.

In that moment Laxus knew that he wanted to be with Lucy, without a doubt. There never really were any in the first place, he was worried that Lucy didn't deserve him. Right then though, he knew that she felt the same way.

He let her go, taking his seat next to her. "I found your bag, I went back because I wanted to find the lacrima. I'm so sorry about how it all happened."

She giggled, patting his shoulder. "It's okay, you had no idea. No one did." She soothed.

"Yea I know, but still. So many things added up and it wasn't safe. I should have known better. We should have sent Sting over, let him deal with it." He chuckled, making Lucy shake her head with a smile.

"None of it matters now, I'm all better and it's all over." She sighed happily, petting to furry creature in her lap.

The door creaked open and Natsu poked his head in. Lucy smiled, holding up Happy and he ran in, scooping the cat out of her arms.

"Happy! I've missed you buddy!" He laughed.

"Well, nice to see you again too Natsu." She crossed her arms, smirking.

"Yea of course I've missed you too Luce, but Happy is my buddy." He nervously laughed, Lucy rolling her eyes playfully.

"Yea yea, anyways, how was the rest of the mission?" She asked, the door opening up even more with everyone else shuffling in.

"We didn't have to do much, we stormed their base this morning just after leaving here and took the rest of them out. You did most of it." Erza proudly announced, Lucy slightly blushing.

"It wasn't just me, I had Loke and Happy too."

"Aye Lucy!" The bubbly exceed agreed, flying circles around Natsu's head.

Laxus could finally relax, seeing Lucy return back to normal.