-Twenty Nine-

-Louise-

My eyes grew wider at the sound of his name. She's dating Jai Brooks. Do I tell her? She won't believe me!

"Jai? Emily, he's not the type of man you think he is. He didn't used to work here - infact, he used to be a patient here" I told her. She furrowed her eyebrows and shook her head.

"No, he-he isn't lying to me!" She got up and walked around her bed and back again.

"Em, I'm not joking ok. I'm not trying to make you sad! I want you to be happy, but he isn't going to make you happy!" I signed.

"SHUT UP! JUST SHUT UP" She screamed and crouched down in the corner, pulling her hair.

"Look, I'm sorry. But just be careful" I warned. I sighed and rolled my eyes and left her too it. I can't change her mind. Once she's stuck to something there's no going back.

She's in love with Jai.

And somehow, I've got to stop it.

•••

-Jai-

'Emily is next, and nothing is going to stop me' I thought to myself.

This plan might just work. I'll be lucky to get away with it.

It was 9:30pm and I was waiting for Louise to finish.

She usually finished around quarter to ten so hopefully I'm not going to miss her.

After fifteen minutes of inpatient waiting, I saw a figure appear. I reached into my pocket and grabbed my penknife.

I walked towards the figure, as I become closer I could tell it was Louise.

I came closer and closer to her and that's when I did it.

I raised the knife and held it against her throat. The only downside to this is I have to take her back to the asylum and then get Emily.

I covered her mouth with my hand so she couldn't scream and make it obvious something dodgy was going on.

"You talk and you get it. Understood?!"

I said clearly so she understood me.

"Y-Yes" She spluttered.

"Good girl" I smirked. "Right. You be a clever girl now and unlock Emily's cell" I gripped her tighter. She could press the alarm any minute now and police would come because it's linked to the station.

"Unlock her fucking cell now!" I demanded. I felt guilty for Louise and Emily. I don't want to do this, but I can't help it. I can't stop. I've lost my mind.

-Louise-

Imagine having a knife against your throat. Having a very dangerous object that could kill someone, against your throat. Having to watch your steps because if you are a foot out, you could be dead. Instantly.

I found Emily's cell key and I slowly unlocked the door. I felt Jai loosen his grip which made me feel a bit less nauseous.

"Good girl" Jai whispered, I could hear the smirk in his voice.

I pushed Em's door open so it stayed open. She was fast asleep. It's rare to see her asleep at this time of night. She doesn't usually get to sleep until about 3am. I feel so sorry for her. Her life is about to be turned upside down.

I felt my eyes tearing up, the thought of someone so innocent is about to be, well... god knows what'll happen to her when she's in the company of Jai.

I just hope she gets away in time.

-Emily-

I heard keys jingling, I stayed still. I didn't want them to know I was awake.

I heard a man whisper "Good girl" and a little sniffle. I furrowed my eyebrows as I listened to what was going on.

I heard a girl whimpering, I couldn't take much longer. I jolted up and grabbed my knife that I keep under my pillow. No one knows I keep it here, I use it for safety.

I slowly turned around to be greeted by a familiar set of eyes...Jai.

I gulped as I noticed what he was also holding. I looked over his shoulder. Louise was there. She mouthed 'sorry' to me. My eyes instantly got bigger and I flicked my eyes back to Jai.

He had a devious smirk planted on his lips. I gasped as he plunged the knife into my stomach. I yelped at the pain.

The pain was immense.

Maybe this was how I was meant to die.

I'll be in a happy place now.

Where I belong.