-Six-

"Still no news on Brooks then?" Daniel asked as I sipped my coffee. "Guess not" I sighed, knowing that he is probably in my house right now. Snooping around.

"Louise?" Daniel snapped me away from the thoughts. "Huh, what?" I mumbled, "I asked if you have seen him" "Oh" I replied. "So..have you?" He asked again. "No!" I snapped, kicking back my chair in the cafeteria. I grabbed my coffee and stormed off.

My phone vibrated in my pocket, I grabbed it and unlocked it, making sure no body saw me as you're not allowed your phones on whilst you're working, like I care.

I had a message from an unknown number, most likely to be Jai.

Unknown: Hey Lou, I don't think you should come back to yours.. I won't be finished in time, it's not a very nice sight. Love you.

What's that meant to me 'Not a very nice sight' What the fuck has he done. I need to go home.

"Hi Jane, erm.. I have to go home. Doctors appointment" I fake smiled at her. "Aw, ok. See you later!" She let me go, thank god!

I grabbed my bag and practically ran home. My house was in my view when I heard a ear piercing scream. "Fuck" I mumbled to myself, walking a little quicker to my house when I got another message

Unknown: I hope you're not going to unlock your door Lou, it's a bad idea.

He's really fucking with me now. Fuck it. I slowly unlocked my front door, to a trail of blood.

"What the fuck?!" I covered my mouth with my hands, trying to stop myself from being sick.

I walked further into my house, when I looked into the lounge to see James.

Covered in blood, on the sofa. "JAMES?!" I shouted running up to him. "Lou--help..m-me" He mumbled, "Oh my god James, it's okay" I grabbed my phone and dialed 911.

I ran to the kitchen and got a towel and soaked it in water, I ran back to James and wiped his face, removing the blood revealed five or six deep gashes in his cheek, tears were streaming from my eyes, making my vision blurry, why would someone do this?!

"James you're going to be okay!" I reassured him, his eyes were slowly closing, as he was slowly become weaker. I finished cleaning his face and moved into his arms, and legs, which were also slashed.

"Oh god!" I whispered as I tried to wipe the blood away which kept pouring out. I grabbed my cardigan and wrapped it around. his leg with was the worse as you could see his bone.

"I'm-- not..go-going..to-ma-make it" he stuttered. "No James! Don't say that! Please James, stay awake. Please don't leave me, not like this. PLEASE JAMES! James, open your eyes, you're going to be fine. Don't do this James!" I panicked, whilst wiping the tears away which were flowing out like niagara falls. I saw blue lights and heard sirens, eventually they were here. The paramedics ran inside and checked James over.

They lifted him into a stretcher and wheeled him out into the Ambulance, "Did you find him madam?" A woman asked. "Yes, I came back from work and he was there on the sofa, covered in blood. I tried- I tried to clean him up and keep him awake, but I think he's dead!" I burst into tears and fell down against the wall with my face in my hands.

"We'll go check him over and we will do the best we can" The woman said. I nodded and got back up, trying to wipe my tears away. "Would you like to come with him?" She asked. "Erm, yes. I grabbed my phone. I hopped into the ambulance and held James' hand, hoping he would carry on fighting.

•••

We arrived at the hospital and James was whisked into a room, which I wasn't allowed to go in. Great.

An hour had past and I still hadn't seen James. God knows what's going on in there. "Miss Scott?" My names was called by a old lady. "Yep" I stood up and walked towards her. "Hi there dear. You're the one that found James?" She pulled her glasses down and looked at her clipboard. "Yes, is he ok?" I asked, unsure of what state he is in. "Yes, about that. James in on life support. He lost so much blood he can't support himself. He needs help to breath so he has one month to recover, if he can't. I'm sorry. He will have to be taken off it" The lady frowned, like she even cares.

I nodded and took everything the woman just said. "He's in there!" She smiled weakly at me. I nodded and opened the door.

There he was. Lying there in the hospital bed, with no expression on his face. All his cuts were bandaged up, he was hooked up to many different machines, and drips. He looked awful. If I could take his place for him, I would.

Seeing my best friend, like this literally felt like being stabbed 100 times in the chest. It killed me seeing him like this. I just want my James back.

Please wake up James.

"James, I know you can't hear me. But I just wanted you to know that I love you so much. We have so many memories, like the time you fell out the tree and you broke your arm. We've been friends since we were both eight years old. Now were both 20, time flies! I can't lose you now James. You've came so far, you've still got ages to go. You have to get married and have children, you have to move in with that lucky girl and live happily ever after. Like you should be doing. You shouldn't be in here.

I know who did this to you James. He isn't getting away with

this. I love you so much James. Please keep fighting" I kissed his cheek and stood up. Looking behind me at his lifeless body. "Bye James" I smiled as I wiped my tears away.

"I love you"