-Eight-

"Where are you off to? And why aren't you at work?" I rolled my eyes and turned around to see a very annoyed Jai. "What's it to you?" I asked, getting annoyed since I had five minutes to get to the mall. "I'm off out-" "With?" Jai interrupted. It's like he owns me, ha.

"An old mate. Bye" I smiled and stepped outside before Jai could say anything else.

Eventually I arrived at the mall, and that's when it hit me, I don't have a clue what Carol looks like, where I'm about to meet her. I just stood there like a lost sheep.

"Louise?" A voice came from behind me, I quickly turned around to see a beautiful woman around her 20's before me. Her brown hair running down her back ending in perfect curls.

"Hi! Yes, I'm Louise. You must be Carol!" I smiled and offered my hand out to shake which she gladly accepted.

"So, shall we go to the café? And talk?" She asked, "sure" I agreed and we made our way to Starbucks.

"So.." Carol trailed on trying to make a conversation. "So, Jai Brooks. What was he like when you looked after him?" I asked, trying to get more information than his file provided. "Well. He always flirted with me, like he had feelings for me or something. He would act like my boyfriend, which he was not because he was mental. He would some how put little notes on my desk in my office, some creepy ass notes"

-Flashback | Carol-

I walked into my office, to prepare for Jai's meeting. When a note stopped me from doing so. I walked over to the note, debating whether to read it or not.

I decided to read it.

To Carol, my princess.

Watch your back ;) x

The next day I got another note, I knew who they were from. No one else is in my office during the day except for my patients. None if them know a lot about me except for Jai. Jai is the only one who knows all my personal stuff since I dated Luke.

To Carol,

I know you and Luke have had an argument. If you carry on hurting him. I will end you.

Every day for three months I got these notes.

-End of flashback | Louise-

"Wow, he's...he's...well, mental laughed slightly. God he is capable of anything that boy!

"So how come he had to come to New York? All the way from Australia?" I asked.

"Ha, well! There's a very long list!" She chuckled. I gulp and nodded my head instructing her to carry on which she did so.

"Nothing mysterious happened within the first week of him being at the mental asylum but about a week later of him being locked in his cell he got madder and madder. George, the Janitor was on duty, moping the floors as he does and out of no where Jai slashes him with a butchers knife. God knows where he got it from.

He just popped out of no where and slashed him multiple times on his back. And left him for dead. Not many people were on guard so he managed to escape.

The first place he came was my house. I was with Luke at the time and he ordered Luke out the house and started to punch, push, kick, slap me. You name it, he did it to me. He left the house and then around an hour later Luke came back. He knew it was Jai, but I knew what they would do to him if anyone found out so it me and Luke kept quite" Carol stopped and gasped for air. Like she didn't breathe as she was talking.

"So that's why he moved, I told someone and they moved him over to New York!" She let out a small smile. I nodded, taking all the information in.

He is capable of anything.

"Have you got Luke's number at all?" I ask. God I'm asking so many questions. It's like I'm part of the FBI.

"Yes, here you go" She smiled and pulled out a note pad and wrote his number down.

"Thank-you so much for today, I really appreciate it. Maybe we could keep in contact and hang out more?" I ask, she seems like such a lovely girl, well woman. "Sure, heres my number in case you don't have it" She smiled. "Thank you. So I'll see you soon!" I smiled and gave her a hug. "Bye, see ya" She waved and we walked off I'm opposite directions.

•••

"Hello there" I followed the voice coming from the lounge to find a shirtless Jai. How very lovely.

"Have a nice time? Did you have a catch up?" Sarcasm lingering on his words. "I did indeed" I smirked, earning a confused look of Jai.

"So, who was it?" He asked. "None of your business" I smiled, pouring a cup of orange juice. "Everything is my business" Jai got up and walked over to me. "Shame, cos this isn't any of your business" I smiled. Causing Jai to tense his jaw. "Tell me now" Jai instructed. "Why should I tell you?" God I'm on form today with all this quick answers. "Fine. Don't tell me. I'll find out soon enough. Louise Scott" Ew I hate it when he calls me by my full name, like I'm in trouble or something.

"Good luck" I smirk, skipping past him. Don't know why I decided to skip, maybe it would annoy him?

"Do I have to make you tell me?" Jai smirked, following me to the sofa. "Ye-No" I mentally face palmed myself. I'm such a idiot.

"Was that a yes?" Jai smirked, towering over my fragile body.

"N-no. You clearly misheard me" I've never been so sassy in all my life!

"Ah, well Louise. Looks like I'll have to get it out of you eventually, so why wait?" That familiar smirk appeared on lips.

Fuck.