Eos 7

Eos

Ubris was standing on a small stone in the middle of the lake, and Eos was standing knee deep in the water, the sky above them blue as icy mist. "why are we doing this again?" Eos asked. "You ask to much questions little dreamer" Ubris answered with a small smile on his face, amused by the fact that she was not. "Now try to look through the water and see the colours of the light" Ubris instructed her. "I'm trying to!" Eos screamed after a few minutes. "You should look within to look outside" Ubris answered mysteriously. She took a deep breath in and closed her eyes. And her mind went silent and the world around her fade into nothingness She slowly opened her eyes and thought of Daniel. His deep brown eyes, his tangled light brown hair. And when her eyes were completely open she saw colours and life beneath what seemed the surface of the water. Tiny sparkles and small creatures that look like they're made of colour and light. A whole world beneath the surface. And she had never known, known that there was a world beneath the water. She turns her head to look at Ubris, but before see can see him she sees a whole different world. Magical and weird, the trees are pink and blue, and the sky is a thousand colours blended into one amazing sky. Eos looks around in her amazement. What a beautiful world. A world never seen, never touched, never breathed. But what happened to where I was just now? When Eos sees Ubris, she jumps up from where she stood. And that dream-like world disappears. "You were pale and dead. What happened to you? Where were we and how did I get there?" Eos asked. Ubris started pacing back and forth, "What you saw... was... was my... my real body... the one buried beneath this mountain" Eos takes a step back but after a second, she realizes that she was not scared but felt a recognition.

"Is that what you look like?" she paused, and looked confused, thinking. "I think I have seen you before, haven't?" Ubris started staring at the sky outside avoiding her graze, "in my dreams when I was just a child..." pausing again trying to find the words to express herself, "Why do I know you? Ubris??" Eos grabbed Ubris upper arm but he pulled away. "Didn't you see my eyes...?" Ubris looked at his feet and started to walk away "I saw your eyes, they were fine, the only thing that seemed to be part of who you are, at least when I look at you" Spoken that sentence out loud, he stood still with a surprised face, he turned to Eos. "You should not have seen me at all, not now" Ubris answered and started pacing again. "Is that what all dreamcatchers look like in that place?" Eos asked, and she turned her head a bit to the right. "No, I became that way by doing something I shouldn't have done," Ubris said and turned his head away from Eos and walk to the cave, "Lesson is over." He said with a cold face and he was gone.

Ubris had killed a man. And as punishment the other dreamcatchers had turned him in to the alive and the dead. A ghost, till his debt had been repaid....

One day he had been laying in the green grass of the mountain with his immortal love, Clarissa. The sun shone above them and they made the colours change, their magic playing and teasing. When a man had appeared, in heavy armour. The man didn't speak a word, Ubris had gone to his feet at the sight of the man, leaving his Clarissa on the ground. "What do you want stranger?" Ubris had asked the man. But before he got an answer two other man appeared behind him where Clarissa lay on the ground, and in a blink of an eye the two man had killed her. You could hear his scream trough out all of the lands. A heart breaking screech. And Ubris went mental, He unleashed his magic upon the man, and water filled their lungs, and a sound louder then anything in the lands pierced their ears, making them bleed. And the agonizing pain of a thousand small fires burned through them. And in a blink of an eye they were gone, went up in smoke. But not by Ubris's hand. He turned to the first man, and he ran with so much rage, so much grief. He placed his hand on the face of the man before he could get away, and that same face started melting. The man screamed and screamed, but could not move. Ubris had used all of his magic to hold this man to this plane. And this man would suffer for days. Ubris had melted his face and burned his brain and left him for dead on the ground. And after 3 days the man died, starved, bleeding, burned. Left for the rats to eat, even before he was dead they had begun eating him. When Ubris in tears and rage returned to that cave of crystals to his mentor and his friends. He told of what had happened and horrified and ashamed of what he had done, he went to the council to beg them to bring back his beloved. To erase his mistake. But the council went rigid, and they banished him to the life of a ghost, stuck on this mountain never to leave. To teach what he should have known, Control. For years in his ghost form he search for a way to leave the mountain, but never found a way. And he never discovered why those men had been there that day, to kill his love.

Eos walked towards a big tree to try and think. It looked like it was centuries old, its bark was white and its leaf's where purple and pink. The sun was going down, the light of the end of the day hit that tree in its top and a magical light show of colours and sounds followed. Eos sat down a few feet away from the tree and watched the colours dance in the wind. Until the sun came down she sat there looking at that mighty tree, what it must have seen throughout the years, war and peace, love and pain. This tree has seen it all, and she cannot even contemplate what all even is. Eos closed her eyes and breathed out slowly, a few minutes went by. And when she opened her eyes she saw children running and fading away, and a general sitting underneath the tree his gun in his hand, blood running down his face. And he fades away like this was all a dream. There were moments that she could not even tell what was happening and it just happened. This glance in time was breath taking, scary and at the same time too little or too much, which we may never know. This was what time had seen throughout the years, decades, centuries. With a shock, she came back to reality and realized that she had to know what had happened and went to the cave to tell Ubris what had happened.