chapter 48

48. The Beast Bead is Eaten

Edgar had never liked a sub-beastman before and most likely wouldn't like any sub-beastman in the future either.

He understood himself very well. Since he already liked Shu Shu, he would definitely not like any other again from now on.

As for Shu Shu's feelings towards him . . . . He had the confidence to achieve the best, making Shu Shu slowly like him.

Although a beastman loving another beastman and a sub-beastman loving another sub-beastman were considered illegal in ancient times, but people nowadays could already treat such relationships with tolerance.

In this case, it would be better to just give his beast bead to Shu Shu, which counted as showing his determination.

"Is it alright to give me such a precious thing?" Shu Shu asked, staring at the red bead on Edgar's hand. If it were him, he certainly wouldn't be willing to give the red bead in his body to others.

"Only you who are the most precious." Edgar said.

Shu Shu didn't know why his heartbeat suddenly sped up, but he nevertheless refused, "No way, I can't accept it."

"Then you just help me keep it safe." Edgar said. "This thing's very important. You absolutely mustn't tell others that I gave it to you, and you can never give it to others as well."

"Why don't you keep it safe yourself?" Shu Shu asked.

"I'm afraid that others will know that it's on me." Edgar said with a smile. "And I'm also afraid that others will come to grab it."

Shu Shu looked Edgar up and down and realized that the only place where Edgar could conceal some things on his body was apparently in his space button, which clearly could change owner. As for swallowing the beast bead down into the stomach . . . .

After he swallowed the red bead down into his stomach, he couldn't spit it out again. But this red bead seemed to not take root in Edgar's body?

If it was like this, Edgar indeed didn't have a place to put this red bead.

"I'll help you keep it safe then. I'll just put it inside my food pouch. You can rest assured that my pouch's very safe, and only I can open it. I'll never let outsiders see the bead." Shu Shu said.

"That's good." Edgar said with a smile. He originally wanted to tell Shu Shu that if this bead fell into the hands of others, he would be subjected to a life worse than death. But he thought it was such a grave thing to say, and he was afraid that it would frighten Shu Shu badly, so he simply didn't say it.

In any case, after the beast bead left a beastman's body, in just two or three days' time, it would be ruined and no longer have any effect. At that time, it was not important anymore.

Shu Shu took Edgar's red bead and put it into his own food pouch.

Shu Shu's current appearance was totally like a sub-beastman. Seeing this scene, Edgar had the feeling of his beast bead being eaten by Shu Shu and could not help but want to kiss him.

But unfortunately, he was clearly aware that Shu Shu was a beastman. Even if Shu Shu really ate his beast bead, his beast bead would only get damaged inside Shu Shu's body.

"It's late; go to sleep." Edgar said.

"Okay." Shu Shu nodded and returned to his own room.

After returning to his room, Shu Shu strangely couldn't fall asleep. He could not stop thinking about the bead that Edgar gave to him . . . . He struggled internally and finally couldn't hold himself back from taking the red bead out of his food pouch.

It really had to be said that the red bead he had eaten at the beginning was simply not as pretty as the one Edgar gave him and didn't look as tasty either . . . .

Having held and inspected the red bead for a while, Shu Shu then stuffed it back into his mouth, but he didn't immediately put it back into the food pouch. Rather, he kept sucking on it.

This red bead tasted like Edgar, and he liked it very much.

Shu Shu played with the red bead in his mouth incessantly, using his tongue to roll it around. After a long time, he swallowed a mouthful of saliva and suddenly discovered a problem.

The red bead was not in his mouth!

He didn't put the red bead into his food pouch and didn't open his mouth either. So . . . he actually ate the red bead?