Chapter Twenty Six- Hope Breed's Eternal Misery-Part 2

The sound of sirens filled my ears, almost overpowering the sound of my own heart beat but they weren't quite loud enough.

"Alexis!" I heard it, but at the same time I didn't. In fact, it wasn't until his hand grasped my arm tightly that I realized we were in the ambulance and not the warehouse anymore.

I snapped my head towards Morgan and my mind was so fuzzy I could only see his lips moving, but there was no audio, as if someone messed up the settings on a TV but this was no fictional moment. It was real, but it didn't feel real, I felt almost like a bystander on the sidelines watching myself go through this.

"We got it back." One of the paramedics called to another "His heart rhythm is uneven but it's steady for now."

His heart stopped beating. For the longest moment of my life, his heart actually stopped beating in his chest. "He's semi-conscious." The other paramedic confirmed as Parker's eyes began to flutter open ever so slightly.

"Jake?" Morgan spoke up and from what it looked like he could hear his voice "We got him man, we got Grey." As he said the words I looked at him, I had completely forgotten about Jonathon Grey and right now I really didn't care but I could tell by the way Parker blinked he still did.

I was directly beside him and my hand was firmly grasping his and that's when I felt Parker squeeze my hand that littlest bit tighter, which made me smile "You're going to be ok." I told him, trying to reassure him and myself.

****

"GSW to the chest!" One of the paramedics shouted as he pushed the gurney with Parker lying on it through the emergency doors. I was running by the side of the stretcher, but when we reached another door someone dressed in scrubs held my arm back.

"You can't go back there." He told me as I kept trying to look over his shoulder for Parker.

I attempted to push him aside "Move!" I shouted not really thinking about what I was doing or saying.

"Ma'am, you need to calm down."

"Don't tell me to calm down, that's my partner!" I shouted louder than I meant to but I didn't care.

"Miss, you're bleeding." He looked at the flesh wound that took residence in my shoulder.

I looked down, forgetting I had even been shot, I guess it was true what they say about adrenaline kicking in. "It's nothing." I glared at the doctor, my injury didn't even come close to Parker's and my shoulder could definitely wait.

"Ma'am, you need to be treated before it gets infected."

I found my irritable side rearing its ugly head "It's barely a flesh wound and for the record it's agent."

"Look, agent, I need to aid your wound and this would go much faster if you just let me get it over with." I couldn't think of anything to get out of this situation and the only thing I was thinking of was Parker so I figured the sooner he looks at my shoulder the sooner I can find Parker, so I just nodded.

Thankfully, it didn't take long and before I knew it, I had a patched up shoulder with a sling around my arm "Now I need to go find my partner." I stood to my feet, but the doctor wasn't having any of it and his nice demeanor was definitely gone by now.

"Agent, I don't care who you are, you are not getting back there."

I was about to argue and I didn't plan on backing down and by the look of it the doctor had no intention of doing so either.