Chapter Eleven-Scars and Bullets

Chapter Eleven-Scars and bullets.

We had been training for hours, I was sweating and so was Parker. We took a break and Parker had pulled his shirt off making me attempt to avoid eye contact which wasn't really happening since I was blatantly staring at his bare back. Just as he turned around I averted my eyes, he probably noticed but I tried to pretend he didn't.

Parker was closer to me now, I could see his tattoo again, but what I didn't notice when I saw it last was the scar on his ribs, it was identical to the scar on his bicep something had cut his bicep and ribs at the same time.

"Parker can I ask you something?" I looked into his eyes and he took in a short breath before he spoke.

"Depends on the question." He told me as he grasped a bottle of water off the ledge that he had gotten the fabric off.

I pointed towards his bicep "Why did you choose to be an FBI agent?" I quickly decided to change my question. I knew he didn't want to talk about it and I felt bad if I kept pressing the issue, if he was going to tell me he would do it when he is ready.

He gave me a look that told me he knew that I changed the question, but he didn't question it "I didn't really choose it; I was hired similar to you."

"Your brother died so you annoyed the police so much that the FBI questioned you and then figured if you can't beat them join them?." I smiled and Parker let out a small laugh.

"Not exactly, " he smirked "it's a long story, maybe I'll tell you sometime." He said as he walked over to the boxing bag once again and gestured for me to start again.

I raised my eyebrows and I was about to argue, I was really tired, but I was not giving up training so easily.

******

"Ugh, you stink." Melissa held her nose as Parker and I walked into the kitchen. We had been working out for hours and we were all gross and sweaty so it wasn't a big surprise if we didn't smell exactly spring fresh.

"Nice to see you to Mel" Parker replied as he dumped his gym bag onto the floor near the kitchen bench.

Melissa took a step back as Parker walked near the fridge "Seriously, you need to take a shower."

Parker ignored her and grasped a bottle of water out of the fridge, unscrewing the cap and taking a long swig.

"Colson I'm going to shower in my room you can use the bathroom down the hall." He felt the need to tell me this I am guessing because I had been using the shower in Melissa's room, considering she had been out of town for the last few days.

I nodded as he tossed me a bottle of water and then unzipped the sweatshirt he had put on back at the training apartment. He took off his shirt once again and I swear if he keeps doing that I might pass out, not that I really mind all that much.

"Seriously, if you don't take a shower, I will throw a bucket of water at you." Melissa smiled with a joking manner and Parker just rolled his eyes.

He turned and headed towards his room and I was about to head to the bathroom in the hall, but Melissa spoke "What did you guys do?"

I turned to face her "He was training me."

"I'm sure he was." She raised her eyebrows in a suggestive manner.

"To fight." I told her and she just laughed, what exactly was she getting at?

Melissa brought the glass of water she had been drinking to her lips and took a small sip "Ok sure whatever you say."