Chapter Twelve-Hospital Drama

"Where's the gun?" I rummaged my hands through the freezing and currently rising water in desperate need to find the glock that was knocked out of my hand on impact. My heart is pounding a million miles a minute.

I was beyond panicking when the water had completely risen to our waists and the windows weren't budging "Don't panic, I have my g-" he started, but the look on his face told me he had realized something and it wasn't good.

"What?" I gave him another alarmed look, "What's wrong?"

He felt around where his gun would be strapped to his hip "My gun, it's stuck, I can't grab it." He pushed his hands through the water looking for a way to unhook his gun but it clearly wasn't working by the frustrated looking on his face.

"The water's rising." I commented even though it was clearly not necessary considering it was rising so fast that it was impossible not to notice.

"You're going to have to unhook it." He told me and I didn't consider arguing.

I pushed though the water and soon found my fingers wrapped around the gun "It's stuck" I attempted pulling the glock from its strap but it wasn't budging.
I moved as close as I could away from my seat that I was now almost in the middle of the car, I grasped the gun and pulled, but nothing and to make things even worse was the water was rising even quicker and we were sinking.

"Try this." He placed his hands in the water and on top of my mine "On three"

"One." He started.

"Two."

"Three."

I heard a light pop and I felt the gun loosen, pulling it from beneath the water I felt a small amount of panic disappear and a small glisten of hope ignite inside me.

"Colson." Parker turned to face me and because of my current position he was closer than I expected. At first he didn't say anything but the rising water and the sinking car snapped us both from our dazed trance "Cover your eyes."

I did as he said, what I remember next wasn't exactly pleasant. The pop of the gun, the rushing of water that filled the car as we began sinking even faster. The water filled the car so fast, by the time I opened my eyes, my vision was blurred by the water in the river, I couldn't see the car or even my own hands but the fact that I couldn't see Parker was what made my panic accelerate.

I would have called his name or screamed, but I couldn't, the pressure of the water held me inside the car with no way of getting out and when my vision began to dissipate, that is when I suddenly felt an arm wrap around my waist and hoist me up.

I felt the air hit my face and I spluttered and coughed as the water fell from my mouth.

"Alexis?" I heard a familiar voice whisper in my ear, but the water filled my eyes and my vision was blurred, I took in a long breath of air and when I could see clearly I turned to see Parker but what I didn't expect was that he wasn't there, no one was there.

"Parker?!" I screamed in a panic "Parker!" I felt terror rise inside me, where the hell was he.
I took in a long breath and ducked underneath the water, I saw the shadow of the car in the distance, I pushed further and further until I could feel the metal of Parker's SUV underneath my hands.

I swan around the side of the car, my lungs started to burn, they were screaming for air, but I had to focus on Parker at the moment. All the windows were shut except the front window which Parker had shot and shattered.
My vision was more than blurry, but I could only see his outline, his shadow, he was in the car and he wasn't moving. I moved as quick as I possibly could, swimming forward I grasped Parker's shoulders and pulled but he wouldn't budge, I realized he was still strapped into his seat and when I couldn't undo the seat belt I started to freak out even more, like that was even possible.
When I couldn't take the burning in my lungs anymore, I opened my mouth gasping for air except water started to fill my lungs and I felt darkness closing in but I pushed it back and tried to keep my strength up, he was stuck and I didn't know what to do.