Chapter Eighteen-Only Human

"I'm sorry, sir, but you cannot fly with a firearm." The middle aged man told us for about the tenth time today and for the eleventh time Parker had had to repeat the same sentence.

"I am an FBI agent." He said with clenched teeth as he rubbed the side of his face "I need the firearm for my job."

This was totally stupid; I mean the FBI is than damn 'FBI'. People are so damn incompetent, this guy must be new and if he's not he should be fired. I was already battling with myself about telling Parker about creepy talker guy. I didn't know whether I should tell him before or after we get on the plane. Telling him now is probably not the best option but telling him afterwards, just makes me feel sick.

The middle aged man whose name tag read 'Mitch' looked a little intimidated by Parker's tall and large frame "Sir, I understand, but we cannot let you fly with this airline."

"Then why the hell could we fly here?" I interrupted, feeling the impatience flow through me.

Mitch looked at me like he had just noticed I was here "Ma'am, please do not raise your voice."

I basically laughed; I didn't raise my voice at all. I probably didn't sound like the nicest person in the world, but no one could possibly put on a smile and act like everything is just peachy in my situation "Well, sir" I said sardonically "Maybe if you did your job properly I wouldn't have to raise my damn voice." I said in a sickly sweet voice "and don't call me ma'am." I added that last bit just for dramatics. His eyes turned to face Parker as if he was done with me and that really wasn't helping with my mood, but one thing that did make a small part of my anger disappear was the ghost of a smile on Parkers lips.

"I would like to know why we could get on the plane to get here, but for some stupid reason we can't travel back?" Parker spoke and I could see the anger was building in him as well.

At this damn point I was seething and I just wanted to slap the man and walk onto the plane, but I didn't really want to cause an incident at the airport. Another man that looked a little younger than Mitch appeared behind him and said something that only Mitch was suppose to hear but I heard it loud and clear "Can I speak to you."

Great whispering skills.

As soon as both men were out of earshot, I turned to Parker with the sweetest smile I could muster up "Can I shoot him?"

Parker let out a genuine laugh and turned to face me properly "Too many witnesses."

It was now my turn to let out a good laugh, which I hadn't felt like doing in the longest time and to be honest the only time I had genuinely laughed since Tyler died was when I was with Parker. Once again, my mind was drawn back to the almost kiss and the blush I had desperately attempted to hide was of course creeping up onto my cheeks.
Maybe he was thinking about it as well, I mean he leaned in to kiss me. So he must have wanted to? Right?

"My apologies Sir and Ma-" the scowl on my face stopped him cold "Agents." He coughed and I almost laughed, but I managed to keep a straight face "There was a mix up." He handed us two boarding passes "Enjoy your flight."

Parker and I exchanged confused looks, but considering we were about to miss our flight we didn't dwell on the subject. He grasped the boarding passes and I gave Mitch one last scowl before heading to the boarding gate.

"I think you might have scared him into that." He laughed and his infectious smile soon spread across my face.

"I seriously don't get it. Did he not see the FBI badge?" I asked, not knowing if I wanted an answer or I just wanted to rant.