Vol 5 Chap 155

XH 155

Da Bei and Eunuch Heng were finally released from the talisman, their eerily blank face slowly returned to life, replacing it with a confused expression. Doctor Bai had rebuilt their memories and replaced them with him visiting Xiao Hua in a hostile manner and that was why Xiao Hua got injured.

The flour plus sugar attack by the Eighth Prince was treated as an act of childish revenge for Xiao Hua's sake.

The Rubik Cube was forced to hide inside Doctor Bai's spatial dimension to avoid Da Bei's sharp hearing from sensing it, much to the system's displeasure. However, only Doctor Bai sympathized with its plight but since it was necessary, it will have to hide inside the spatial dimension.

Fortunately, Doctor Bai was a strong level cultivator, for once Da Bei was released from the talisman, he immediately attacked the one that 'harmed' Xiao Hua.

The Eighth Prince grinned, not making any move to stop Da Bei, so it was only Xiao Hua that speak up to stop it. "Stop, Da Bei! Doctor Bai means no harm! He agreed to adopt me!"

Da Bei halted, his eyes flashed in confusion before it was gone. He did not say or ask anything and just put his blades away, fully trusting Xiao Hua's words.

"Thank you Da Bei," Xiao Hua said, full of gratitude. This young boy had often saved her life and never doubted her for the slightest.

Obedient and cute, this young lady is very satisfied~

She turned her attention to Doctor Bai. "So how does adoption work?" Does she need to go to the government place and change her birth certificate?

"I am not a citizen of the Four Kingdom and there isn't a need to update any birth record other than your own, which we can do at the Guilin government office. We will have to make a trip there to update the birth records later, but first, we will do the blood adoption."

With a flick of his sleeve, a rectangular shaped thick plate with a craving of 'Bai' letter on it, dropped onto his hand. "This is Bai family's nameplate. I sincerely apologize, but Da Bei and Heng Xin, would you please step out? The next discussion is a family secret."

Da Bei turned to Xiao Hua, who nodded. "I will be fine, Da Bei. If there's anything, I will yell for you."

Slowly nodded, Da Bei stepped out of the room, but not before giving Doctor Bai a warning glare.

Eunuch Heng stared at the Eighth Prince when he did not make a move to step out. "Your Highness?"

"I will be staying behind. Doctor Bai, are you alright with it?"

"I do not mind letting you knowing it." Doctor Bai smiled in amusement.

"Then... this servant will wait outside. Your Highness, please summon me if there is anything you need."

After Eunuch Heng finally left the room, Doctor Bai continued on. "You will have to drip a drop of your blood on it so that your name will appear in Bai family's ancestral records. However, you will also be taking Bai's surname and will have the responsibility of a Bai family member. Are you sure you still want to be adopted by me? This will not only be the adoption in name but adoption by blood."

"Can I ask what the responsibilities of a Bai family member are?" Xiao Hua asked apprehensively.

Suddenly the Eighth Prince has a bad feeling as a memory of a distant past itched to make itself rise to the surface of his brain.

"You will have to guard the Bai ancestral family land until the next generation takes over."

"Take care?"