Vol 4 Chap 113

Shameless Author's Note: I've just made a Ko-Fi page so if you can buy me a coffee if you wish to~ (The link is at my profile)

XH 113

Before the sunrise, Xiao Hua had already woken up and did the usual morning jogging around the manor with Duan Xi Ying.

Duan Xi Ying does not know what had fired up Xiao Hua today, to be able to finish the morning jogging before the sunrise, which she usually only able to complete after the sun was high up the sky.

The thing that fuel Xiao Hua's energy was her anger towards the Third Prince that had not ebbed since last night. Why was he not following the script? She should be the attacker, teasing the shy, inexperienced boy. Instead, she was the one being teased until she had to run away before her chastity was taken!

Duan XiYing allowed Xiao Hua to rest until the beginning light of the sunrise appears before moving on to the next agenda, which was private training with Duan XiYing.

Today Duan XiYing decided to make the training harder for Xiao Hua, hoping that it could improve the younger girl's experience. The blindfolded Xiao Hua was standing in the middle of the clearing, feeling nervous and paranoid.

The blindfold was to help Xiao Hua to sharpen her senses instead of only relying on her eyesight. Duan XiYing will throw sticks with her inner energy coated over it, letting Xiao Hua familiarize herself with how inner energy felts like as well as to practice her evasion skill.

As expected, Xiao Hua failed to dodge even one and ended up being the sticks' target pole. There was even once when she predicted the direction of the incoming stick wrongly and tripped over her own foot.

At the end of the lesson, Xiao Hua could feel her whole body stings as if she had been lightly whipped all over. It was not overly painful but it's an uncomfortable sensation. When she removed her blindfold, her eyes immediately closed again from the sudden brightness.

"Xiao Hua, take a short rest here." Duan XiYing picked up Xiao Hua, who still had her eyes tightly closed, and brought her into the pavilion to rest under the roof that could more or less block most of the blinding sunlight.

Feeling depressed at how easily Duan XiYing had carried her despite she had gained weight and taller than before, Xiao Hua nodded and waited until her eyes slowly get used to the light again.

Picking up the small towel to wipe her sweat on her face and neck, she gave Duan XiYing a grateful look when she passed her a cup of warm honey water.

"XiYing, do you know of any way for me to sense inner energy easier?" Le XiaoTing was used to being spoon-fed by her mother and teachers, with all the answers dropped onto her lap so that she could mostly answer questions or problems she faced in life, school and workplace.

But Xiao Hua was not given an answer or method when it comes to training. When she was told to throw the knives, they let her practice herself, only telling her what they expected as the final result, believing that it would be better for her to discover the way by herself. Fortunately, Eunuch Lau Liu had explained to her the mechanics in doing so.

Le XiaoTing wanted to cry. She was forced to be hardworking and have her brain think more in this world!

"Hmm, XiYing just needs to close her eyes and spread XiYing's senses to sense inner energy."

Please dumb it down for this young lady! In the first place, how do you spread your senses?

Xiao Hua wanted to ask more questions, but Duan XiYing had seen that Xiao Hua's eyes were back to normal and ushered her back to her room to take a quick bath and change into her uniform.