Vol 3 Chap 78 - Stop spoiling me

XH 78

"Who is Feng Jiu?" Xiao Hua finally found her courage to ask. Her heart feels uncomfortable not knowing who that beautiful lady was. Even if Feng Jiu had introduced herself as the Third Prince's good friend, she found it hard to believe they were just friends.

They had known each other for eight years and the Third Prince had to be gay if he felt nothing towards Feng Jiu! How can a normal guy resist that beautiful and classy woman?!

This young lady is not jealous! I'm just curious to know!

She was actually glad she was not facing him, allowing her to hide her face from being seen. She was pretty sure that whatever she was feeling would be shown clearly on her face.

"Feng Jiu is a good friend of mine."

Xiao Hua: '...' Nope. I'm not jealous at all!

"She is An Wan's master."

"Huh?" It took her a moment to process his words but perhaps it was her ear that was faulty for hearing something shocking. "Feng Jiu is Sister An Wan's friend?"

"Feng Jiu is the true master of An Wan," The Third Prince corrected. "An Wan was sent here to protect me."

Looks like her ears worked just fine. Maybe the problem lay on her brain. But why would her brain process the Third Prince's words into a story of a strong maiden saving the damsel in distress gentlemen?

"Why would Feng Jiu sent An Wan to protect you?" Xiao Hua decided to humor her brain.

"When An Wan was sent to me, I'm still weak."

Xiao Hua sighed inwardly. So her brain was normal. The problem was the Third Prince himself!

It was not that Xiao Hua refused to believe the Third Prince's words, but she would need some time to accept it. That was because An Wan showed nothing but unwavering loyalty and never hides her adoration towards the Third Prince. She called him master without reluctance and would willingly sacrifice herself for him.

Such a perfect role model of an inner maid of the Third Prince, and now the man himself just told her that An Wan was not his maid, to begin with?!

This young lady wants to flip a table! The life of a servant is too challenging!

"Your Highness... is Feng Jiu your betrothed?" Xiao Hua asked calmly, but her heart feels as if tiny needles were stabbed on it. Her eyes kept on blinking to stop the tears from flowing as she barely breathed while she waits for his answer.

No matter what he answered, Xiao Hua knew that she has no right to feel jealous or possessive. How ironic, the second man she has fallen in love with had shared the same face with the first man she had fallen for.

Even if a miracle happened where the Third Prince has the same feeling towards her, the chance of them getting together was slim to none. The Empress would not allow her beloved son to marry a maid. The only leeway was allowing Xiao Hua to be his low ranking concubine.

Truthfully, Xiao Hua was troubled about this matter since she had accepted the fact that she had stupidly fallen in love with the Third Prince. She listed out the positive points of being a concubine and slowly accepted that being a concubine or his servant was better than being nothing in his life.

But the dream from earlier had snapped her out of the poisonous acceptance. Her boss had called her a coward, and much to her dismay, he was saying the truth.

He Zhu was a person with high self-confidence. He was smart and had already planned his future during his school days. He demanded nothing but perfection to achieve his goals. He was Le XiaoTing's first one-sided love and she admitted guiltily that she had dated her ex-boyfriend just to forget about her first love. But it did not work and she decided to end the relationship before her ex-boyfriend got hurt even further by her selfishness.