Vol 3 Chap 80 - Our General is not old!

Author's Note:

Before you read this chapter, please check if you had read Chapter 79! (The notification does not work.)

If you have read Chapter 79, then have fun reading chapter 80!

XH 80 - Our General is not old!

It took a moment for General Tang to summarize what he had gotten from the spy and reported to the Second Prince and Liu Chu Chu. They had not returned to their tent and chose to oversee the soldier's task instead.

"Your Highness, the letter is genuine," General Tang said after he finished with his report. "Please give an order!"

"Choose four of our men to disguise themselves. Tang Jiang, you will lead the operation. I will wait for good news." The Second Prince, with an arm around his fiancée's shoulder, walked towards his personal white tent.

"I will not fail you." General Tang saluted respectfully. He knew that the Second Prince was very interested in the South Guilin Village.

Although Tang Jiang was more of a brawn than brain, he had felt the Second Prince's dissatisfaction towards him. Since the time Tang Jiang had not acknowledged his summon during the second day of his marriage, the Second Prince's behavior was noticeably colder towards him.

He only knew that the Second Prince had called for him on the third day of his wedding when his wife finally let him escape from their bed to visit his home to pay respects.

Tang Jiang had wanted to run to the Second Prince's residence as soon as he knew about the summoning but Ping Shui stopped him. That was their first fight... and they ended up arriving very late to the Tang residence.

With a mocking smile that was aimed towards him, Ping Shui tossed a question to Tang Jiang. "Does he expect you to choose between your family and him?"

"You are not my family."

"I am your wife. That means I'm your family now. One day, when that master of yours orders you to kill every Ping family, would you do it?"

"His Highness will not ask me to do that if the Ping family behave themselves."

His wife laughed humorlessly. "Don't forget, the moment you are married to me, you are already a member of the Ping family, husband dearest."

A punishing kiss from his wife stopped the conversation and he was only able to make it to the Second Prince's side on his fourth-day of marriage. That conversation kept on replaying in his mind, leading to the growing fear, at the same time, unable to stop his heart from surrendered to the beautiful cage known as love.

Tang Jiang sighed and quickly went to complete his task. He had fully expected the Second Prince to personally hijack the carriage but now he pushed every responsibility to Tang Jiang.

General Tang felt that the Second Prince was planning something, but intelligence was not his strong suit. He picked four hidden soldiers and they quickly catched up with the Third Prince's carriage.

Hiding behind the thick trees, he noticed how young and inexperienced the guards that escorting the carriage were. One even fidgeted and looked around nervously with his hand holding tight onto his sword tied to his belt.

"Geng, take down the horse driver," General Tang commanded. Geng, one of the Second Prince's fastest elite soldiers, dashed out of his hiding place. With an impressive long-distance jump, he landed right beside the horse driver.

Geng quickly covered the horse driver's mouth and sliced his neck with his short sword that was half an arm's length. He kicked the corpse away and two soldiers appeared to quickly haul the corpse behind the bushes to be disposed of.