Vol 4 Chap 114

A/N: Last Chapter for 2018! Time flies so quickly >....< Happy 2019 to you all! 

XH 114

Three people versus twenty people, perhaps more.

That side with a large amount of numbers would be a safe place to be in if they were your allies.

Unfortunately for Xiao Hua, she was in the three people group, with herself included in the headcount.

Their group of three was just heading to the Eighth Prince's compound inside the palace when suddenly a large group of fully armored soldiers with weapons in hand surrounded Xiao Hua, Duan XiYing, and Da Bei!

The Third Prince had parted ways with them to meet up with the Crown Prince, who also lived inside the palace instead of having his own residence outside the palace due to safety reasons as he was a Crown Prince.

"The Empress ordered that the maid, Xiao Hua, to have an audience with Her Highness!"

After that was said, Duan XiYing and Da Bei, without giving any face to the Empress, started to cut down the soldiers, making way for them to escape. Da Bei spilled blood with every slash of his thin blades and Duan XiYing snapped every limb her quick and flexible hands managed to grab onto.

Xiao Hua helped by throwing her knives at the guards' blind spot that was revealed when they were busy guarding against Duan XiYing and Da Bei's attacks, but she was still hesitating as they were the Empress' soldiers. The Empress was the Third Prince's mother after all!

She was just a maid and by defying the Empress' order, she will have her head chopped off her neck!

But seeing Duan XiYing and Da Bei just beat them down one by one without concern, Xiao Hua decided to trust them. After all, they were in the same boat and those soldiers could be lying about the Empress demanding Xiao Hua to meet her.

However, the trio had underestimated the number of soldiers that the Empress had sent to 'invite' her. They cut, snap, and slay continuously yet the soldiers keep coming, not giving them any break time.

Luckily Xiao Hua was a cultivator, despite being only at first rank, but she has more stamina and strength compared to when she was still a normal person. But very soon, she gets tired of constantly defending and attack continuously until her body was half auto piloting. Noticing Xiao Hua's tiredness, the other two had to cover her slack as well as protecting her.

In the beginning, she felt excited to fight just like how those heroes did when they have a solo fight against a large number of cannon fodders in anime shows. She was no longer excited about it when her energy depleted quickly and her overused muscles screaming with tiredness screaming. She only longed for the fight to end and when it still continues, her anger reared its head.

"Okay, this is bloody enough! Stop!" Thanks, Qiang Laohu, this young lady will worship you for teaching me the word 'bloody', allowing me to use it to express my anger!

Astonishingly, the fight ceased with everyone stopped to look at her, except for a soldier standing right in front of her. In the silent field, his screams were especially ear piercing to Xiao Hua's ears. His eyes were filled with tears as he stared at her in a beseeching manner.

"What's wrong with you?"

Duan XiYing giggled before helpfully pointing at the screaming soldier's hand but did not make a move to help the poor fellow. As it turns out, Xiao Hua had moved in reflex and blocked the incoming swing of a sword by stabbing at the owner's hand, letting the sword fell to the ground harmlessly. The soldier had not stopped in time when she yelled and fortunately for Xiao Hua's little life, her high tension and alertness saved her from being slain.