Chapter 15

Kiana's P.O.V

I can't believe he did that. Why.... why did Brandon have to make me act like that? He knows I despise my rank as the Princess, especially when I have to act the part.

I thought hard.

It's true, I tried to kill him. But that was because I was forced to by my stupid dad. He said that if Brandon wasn't dead by the day after, I would be the one to suffer the consequences.

I tried to explain it to him... I really did...

He just didn't believe me.

I honestly don't blame him. I'm a horrible friend after all. And everybody who's dumb enough to befriend me has to suffer.

Speaking of which, I have to tell Aiden that he needs to find his group without me. I mean, I almost got him killed. I already hurt him from earlier, so getting attacked by my best friend makes matters even worse.

Either way, I saw the way he looked when Brandon said I was just acting, and the way he looked at me when he was helping me up. I saw it in his eyes that he didn't trust me, even though he said that he did.

I just can't believe Brandon said that I should've killed Michael when he told me everything. He liked him as much as I did, and he said he would keep the secret.

At this point though, he must have told Alanza.

I sighed sadly, burying my head in my hands as I sat at the base of a tree. I don't know what to do anymore. I can't take time off either since my dad would beat the heck out of me if I were gone for even an hour.

I sighed again. Standing up, I started walking to the cave. I've been gone for an hour, so Michael must have been healed already.

I guess we could hang around for a bit since I'm dying of hunger. Aiden probably is too. I don't know about thirst though. Aiden already drank too much while almost drowning. That crocodile was a pain in the behind too. I had to chase him off. I was pretty banged up after that too. Aiden was worse, but I'm glad he's fine now.

I shook my head. I really hope today isn't any more dramatic then it was an hour ago.

** In The Cave Hallway **

I stayed quiet while walking, just daydreaming. After a couple of minutes, I heard loud laughter. I could tell one of the people who were laughing was Mike, but the other, I don't know. I think it was Aiden.

As soon as I walked into the clearing, I saw everyone else. Oh, and yeah, I was right. Aiden was goofing around and acting like a fool with Mike and John, while Ginger watched in amusement. She was the first one to spot me.

"Hey Shadow!" Ginger yelled. "Took you long enough!"

I chuckled nervously. "Sorry, I took longer then I expected."

"No worries. At least we got your friend here all healed up." Aiden said. "I think his neck was like, broken or something."

"Yeah! It took soooo long to heal." John added.

"After though, Aiden and I introduced ourselves, and now we're friends!" Mike exclaimed.

I nodded weakly.

"Hey, Aiden?" I asked.

"Yeah?"

"I need to talk to you.."