Chapter 5

** Homeroom **

"Okay, everybody! Take your seats and quiet down." my Homeroom teacher, Mrs. Evens, said, "I hope you all had a good weekend. I'm going to be taking attendance. If you hear your name, raise your hand and say, "here". Thanks"

I sat quietly at my seat waiting for my name to be called.

"Andrew Aaron"

"Here," Some kid named Andrew said.

"Aiden King"

I raised my hand. "Here," I said.

Then I put my hand down. Man, Homeroom is so boring. Aaron Blue, Bailey Bakers, Caster Dave, blah blah blah.

I have to admit this though. Homeroom is waaaay better than math. Why you might ask? Well, my math teacher, Mr. Ashton, is a jerk. You might be thinking, "Oh Aiden, it is rude of you to say!" but no, trust me on this, I have no idea why he became a teacher for a high school. Like, he absolutely HATES everyone. You can tell by the way he speaks to his students. So, when no other adults are around, he is a jerk, but when there are parents or the principal or something, he is all nice to us.

** Going To Math **

Help me.

I'm on my way to Math class and soon enough you'll see how Mr. Ashton acts towards us. And I'm completely terrified.

***

As I opened the door, I immediately got a bad feeling. Mr. Ashton was sitting on his chair with his legs on his desk.

"Oh great. Pretty Boy is here to join the party. Yippee." He announced to the entire class.

"Heeeeey........" I said uncomfortably.

"Go sit down" He commanded, glaring at me with obvious hatred. I quickly got to my seat and sat down.

"So ya little brats, today we're going to learn about random math facts that are completely useless and stupid to me, but apparently valuable "information" to you annoying kids." He told us, playing with a Rubrics Cube while he spoke. He looked up and smiled wickedly. "Oh, and there is going to be a math test today."

The whole class groaned.

"Oh shut up and deal with it you crybabies. Pretty boy, come pick up these papers and pass them around." He said to me after he took out his phone and started to use it.

"Why? I just sat." I said. I immediately froze and regretted the words I just said right after they left my mouth. Oh god, why did I say that? He looked at me with his glare of death. The whole class froze, staring at Mr. Ashton.

"I'm sorry, what did you just say?"

"N-nothing sir," I answered.

"That's what I thought. Now come get these papers to pass around! NOW!"

"Y-yes s-s-sir," I said, terrified. I quickly got up from my seat and hurried up towards the front of the room. He showed me the papers and snorted. Before I turned around, he leaned forward and grabbed the collar of my jacket.

"Sass me again and see what happens, understood?" He practically snarled, in a low voice so that no one else heard.

"Y-Yes sir.," I said quietly.

"Who's the one in charge here Pretty Boy?"

"Y-Y-You sir.."

"Good. Remember that. Next time, you get a smack to the face."