699.9 (Part 3)

As Hinata was drying Himawari's hair, Naruto was picking up pyjamas in the bedrooms and Boruto was brushing his teeth as fast as he could. "Done!"

"Let me see."

He opened his mouth wide in front of his mother. "Ahhh!"

"Good." She congratulated him. "Now it's your turn to dry your hair."

He whined and tried to escape, but Hinata had already caught his arm and pulled him to her. Rubbing his head with a new clean towel, Hinata winked at Himawari while Boruto was complaining.

"Boruto, you never stop to make noise?" Naruto asked, stepping in the room.

Now wearing his white t-shirt and orange pyjama trousers, he put what he had gathered before looking at his daughter with her own pyjama in his hands. She made the 'I' position and her yellow nightdress slide on her body. Once ready, she thanked her father and ran downstairs for the bedside story. Meanwhile, Boruto was putting on his pink pyjamas. First the t-shirt then he used Naruto's forearms for support and raised his legs one by one to put on his shorts.

"Hima, please, don't pick last night's story again!" he shouted.

As she was putting on her own nightgown, Hinata smiled. Knowing his son, she knew he was complaining now, but when they'd start reading, he'd be extremely focused. Ready, she was about to follow him downstairs, but she was held back when Naruto grabbed her hand. With red cheeks, he intertwined their fingers before stealing a quick kiss from her. Wanting more, she pulled him closer and kissed him with passion. Surprise, he touched his lips with his other hand while Hinata was laughing quietly.

"What a shame the children are waiting for us..." He sang, which made Hinata stop laughing and turned her cheeks red when she thought of what he would've done if they were just alone together. Fortunately, their impatient children called them to order.

Still holding hands, they went down to the sitting room where they found their children already sitting on the couch with an open book. Once the four of them were comfortable, Naruto was named to be the reader which made Hinata relax. She didn't feel like being the reader tonight. Like his mom, Boruton leaned his head against his father's shoulder while Himawari slid in between her parents.

And when they stopped moving, the adventure began. Naruto knew how to turn a story interesting, having pleasure as he gave each character a voice of their own. He would take time to read the descriptions then stop to ask if everyone had understood and could see what was going on.

The kids loved listening to their dad reading and it was often because of that that they would ask for a second story, but after shorts pleas, they would quietly go to their rooms, followed by their parents because it was already late.

Tonight, Hinata went with Boruto while Naruto took care of Himawari.

As he climbed on his bed, Boruto affirmed that he wasn't tired. Asking him to stop complaining, Hinata explained that if he wanted to become a strong and tall man, he had to go to bed when his parents told him to.

"But... and the ghosts? I went to the cemetery today... I don't know if-"

"Don't worry, Neji-oji-san will protect you and Himawari while you're sleeping." Hinata said.

"Can... Can you check? Just in case." Boruto pulled his blanket up to his nose as to protect himself.

With a smile, Hinata stood up, opened his wardrobe and looked inside before looking under his bed. She examined his room from top to bottom and then sat back next to him and caressed his blonde hair. "Everything's ok now."