699.7 (Part 3)

"So you wanted me to wait for you patiently, looked at home for weeks and weeks?!" What did Hinata mean?

"You behave exactly like Toneri!" Why did she compare him to Toneri? Never had he forced her to do anything, right?

Hand on his painful heart, Naruto recalled her face, her pearly eyes full of tears. She never cried because of him, but today, he had hurt her. Was he a bad boyfriend? He didn't know how to live with a woman. Maybe Hinata would rather be with one of those men because they were from the same clan, because they weren't Konoha's hero, or because no one would make a request to the Hokage to assign a Hyuuga to a specific mission.

Without being aware of anything, Naruto had arrived at the front door of their house, had removed his shoes, had gone upstairs and had laid down on the bed.

Facing the ceiling, flashes were coming back before his mind's eye, strengthening his headache.They were spinning around just to help him not forget about what he did, what she said, what they heard. As soon as he closed his eyes, her tears, her hurt expression, the small distance between the man and her her, his disgusting hand on her so delicate arm were becoming clearer and clearer in his mind. It's at that moment he had lost control of himself.

Maybe Hinata doesn't love me anymore? No, that's impossible. But maybe she doesn't.

"Damnit!" he yelled.

He failed to understand this feeling that forced him to act like that.

After what felt like forever, he heard the quiet opening then the closing of the front door. What should I do? Should I go welcome her or not? He hadn't got time to move, the bedroom door was already letting Hinata come in. How is she? Angry? Tired? Sad?

Naruto was secretly watching her move gracefully and without making a noise, probably thinking he was sleeping. She took off her clothes and picked up one of her pyjamas. She's still mad. She took one of her pyjamas without even glancing at one of my t-shirts in my drawer. She put her clothes in the basket before walking towards the bathroom. He hadn't seen her face.

Naruto heard the door being shut, then no more noise.

Hinata took her time in the bathroom. She brushed her teeth and her hair, cleaned her face before looking at her reflection in the miroir. Well, is he still mad? I haven't seen if he's sleeping or not. Maybe he doesn't want to talk. But I have to tell him that all of this is my fault. He must have felt betrayed. I should've let him a note or something. Ready to apologise, Hinata came out of the room and went to the bedroom.

Naruto heard her coming back. He felt the bed creak under her weight. The bedsheet moved, then nothing more. He could only hear his blood thrubbing into his ears.

Will she dare talk to me? he thought

What should I do? she thought

Eventually, no one talked or moved.

Naruto could only feel his body being attracted to her, as if they were two magnets, while Hinata felt the warmth of his body enveloping her. It'd been days without feeling his body against hers, and now that they were in the same bed, they never felt so apart from each other.

They took a long time to fall asleep. Hinata used to fall asleep in Naruto's arms. Naruto used to sleep better, less nightmares, when his head was against her skin.

So, at the same time, they both moved, pretending their moves were unaware.

Naruto was now facing her and Hinata had rolled on her back. But all that matter was the meeting of their hands brushing against each other at the center of the bed. She wanted to intensify the contact and he wanted to take her hand to pull her in his strong arms, but they did nothing like that.

Finally, thanks to this light touch, they fell asleep. But in the morning, no one really slept well.

Right before waking up, Naruto felt a light and moist pressure on his forehead. He rubbed it, but nothing abnormal was there. He let his arm fall on Hinata's side and took time to process that it was cold and empty. Opening his eyes, he got up, but didn't see or hear her.

"Hinata?!"

He opened the door in all haste, but no noise came from the kitchen downstairs. He looked for her in every room of the house, but she wasn't here.

"Shit, shit, shit, shit!" Opening his drawer, the heaviness in his heart lightened when he saw that all of Hinata's stuff was still here and that no boxes were missing.

He had just missed her. Again. He sat on the bed, feeling miserable. What if everything was over?

"Like a spoiled child."

Naruto felt the tears gathering at the corner of his eyes. He hadn't known it was so hard to live with someone.

"I want to be with you Hinata."

He had said those words. And I never go back on my words. I'll prove it!

*****

And there I am sitting on that chair again. At least, she was preserving the Hyuuga's reputation, but what about her relationship with the love of her life?

As Hinata wasn't focused on the Hyuuga treasurer's speech about how expensive those weddings will be, Hanabi opened the door, a smile from ear to ear on her pretty face.

"Onee-chan! Father has been seen at the Konoha gate."

*****

Naruto came out of Ino's shop with his hands full. He was lucky he had found Sai at the flower shop. Plus, knowing his two friends, he knew the news was about to travel all around the village before tomorrow morning.

Looking at his to-do list, he saw the last thing to do was to see Choji who agreed to give him some of his cooking books. After that, he'd have everything he needed.

It's at that moment, he saw Hyuuga Hiashi, escorted by two bodyguards.

With determination, Naruto stopped before them, nodded to the clan's head, then put his belongings on the floor.

Again, the oldest guard was surprised to see the Uzumaki's attitude whereas the youngest guard was completely amazed, approaching him to ask him if he could have his autograph before Hiashi stopped him.

With a smile, the hero took his pen and quickly signed his paper before the two other's stoics looks.

"Naruto. What can I do for you?" Hinata's father asked while looking at all the bags at Naruto's feet.

"It's for your daughter." he explained as he crossed his hands behind his head.

Eyebrows raised, Hiashi looked up at Naruto, waiting for an explanation.