699.6 (Part 2)

He was so surprised that he was speechless.

Yet, he knew very well that he'd offered one of his flat keys to his girlfriend a few days after they came back from the moon mission. However, never did he think she would've used it to wait for him while cooking.

It's at this moment that the strange feeling spread through his whole body, becoming identifiable. He'd felt it when he met his parents' chakra and when Iruka waited for him at his home with dinner ready. And he swore to himself to never forget this serenity.

This was it, he was home.

"Hinata" he murmured. "I'm home."

Tears were about to fall on her and on his cheeks, still cold from the low temperatures from outside, but he squeezed a little bit more Hinata against his chest because he missed all of this a lot.

Once his loneliness forgotten, he slowly put her down on the floorboard, but kept one of her hands in his, never letting go of her with his eyes. He was grinning as she was shyly smiling. Still, she was the first one to speak.

"You know, Naruto-kun, I missed you very much." She blushed, but was still looking at him with her caring eyes. That's why it was easier for Hinata to talk about her feelings.

Wanting to ease her, he leaned down and he kissed her perfect lips. "Me too, Hinata... I really missed you." He answered with a blush.

They kept smiling at each other while they now both had tears in their eyes.

But Hinata suddenly realised, "What do you want to do? Maybe you're hungry? Or do you prefer to take a shower before eating? Or maybe you want to lie down?" She was speaking fast.

It made Naruto understand that she was slowly getting uncomfortable with his eyes on her again. Hinata maybe knew a lot about her feelings and her boyfriend's feelings, she was still trying to fight her shyness.

"Let me help you with your bag."

Naruto didn't know what to do. He didn't want to give her more work. She had already cooked dinner for him. But, just by looking at her, he understood it was making Hinata happy. Her lavender eyes were shining and her smile was warm.

Does she really want to take care of my staff? Naruto asked himself.

Tentatively, he gave her his bag and Hinata regained her self-confidence. She took his bag and pressed it against her chest before a Naruto with a pounding heart.

He oh so wanted to touch her. To touch her face so bright of happiness before he, Uzumaki Nartuo, the undesired orphan, was making her happy.

Giving to tentation, he thanked her as he caressed her cheek right where she was blushing. "It's fine. It makes me happy." she assured him.

What about the other times when she cooked for me? Was she happy too? I know I was, I love to have her around.

"I can't wait to eat what you made", he confessed.

Hinata felt her heart being filled with love for the man before her. It's him that she loved, she repeated it for herself since forever. After all, he was the one who always believed in her.

"I hope you'll like it." she said before leaving towards the kitchen.

"Hinata, stop having doubts. I'm sure it'll be delicious as always."

His words lightened the grip she had knotted in her guts. Because, yes. She was afraid of Naruto's reaction so she thought for a long while about the possibility of her welcoming Naruto at his home. She said to herself that maybe he would have preferred to be alone after he spent several weeks with his teammates. Or maybe, he would have thought that it was already too much for their relationship. It's only been a few months since they started this relationship. But, eventually, she did well. He had said to her that he missed her too.