Chapter 12

We finally landed. Coming from baggage claim we were greeted by this beautiful chocolate woman. "Babyy!" She hugged Lawrence kissing all over his cheeks. "Hey Ma. This is Passion." I gave her a small wave. She had other plans in mind as she embraced me with the biggest hug.

"Hello, You are gorgeous."

I blushed. We followed her to a car. She had her own driver. They took us to a building in the city. It was my first time ever in New York so, I was all ooo and aawing at everything. Taking the elevator up, we landed in a nice ass penthouse. It was like three times the size of my apartment.

Looking at this I can see how Lawrence can afford that studio. Looks like he somewhat comes from doe.

"Y'all can get settled in your room." I watched his mother pull out wine glasses from the cabinet. Pulling my hand Law lead me to a bed room that was rather big and had glass windows. The view was decent looking over the city.

"You still have a room here Mommas boy."

Smiling, he scooped me up tackling me to the bed. It was rather soft and the sheets were silk. "She made me keep it." I kissed his lips twice , running my fingers through his curly hair. I never been in a penthouse before. Now, that I've thought about it, I haven't done much of anything.

After unpacking, I made my way back to the living room. Law went to shower.

"Here you go sweetie." His Mother handed me a wine glass full of Chardonnay. "This is good." I took another sip of the expensive champagne. She brushed me off as if she drunk it everyday. Shit, she probably did.

Looking around I wondered to this room.

There was sculptures everywhere. A bird made out of paper clips. Hand carved from wood. What really caught my attention was the life size person made from rubber bands. It was reaching for the air. I put my hand out to touch, but was startled.

"Don't touch, please."

I turned around looking at his Mother. "Oh sorry Mrs..." ignoring me for a moment she was dazed into the sculpture. "Oh! You can call me Mom, you're so gorgeous. Lawrence NEVER brings females home. Only one..but that was so long ago. You must be special." She gave me a poke to my belly. Or I'm just on suicide watch.

"You know his father loved art. That's all he would do in here. Use to be on his neck about it some nights."

I nodded, taking another sip of my drink. It was most gone anyways. "My sister loves art too." She smiled as we walked to the kitchen. Offering me more champagne, I accepted. "What's her name? How old is she?" She refilled my cup, but started drinking from the cup she poured for Lawrence. I guess he was taking to long for her.

"Sixteen. Her name was Zadie." I felt my body stiffen up.

"Was?" I nodded my head and watched her face drop. Putting a hand on her chest , she pulled me into a tight hug. "So young, Do the rest of her living for her. It does get better baby. One thing I learned to do was never give up."

Just then Lawrence came walking in with a grin. "You trying to get her drunk already?" He joked taking my cup from my hand to sip.

"Oh baby your's is right here!" She held up the last little bit in her hand causing us all to laugh. His Mom was an honest to GOD goof ball. After two more cups of Champagne, she offered to take us to dinner tonight. We both agreed and couldn't be more happy to go. She even went to her closet and pulled a dress out for me.

"It's beautiful Mrs.."

"Oh just call me Mom hunny. Also I haven't worn that in ages keep it." Lawrence nudged my side. I don't like accepting things from people but she gave me a good feeling. I really didn't want to seem rude either so, why not? I put the dress in Law's closet. "It's okay if you call her Mom." I sat on his bed watching him turn on the tv.

"Is it? It's not weird to you?"

Lawrence looked at me then pulled me on top of him. "I never brought a girl home before. She might know you're the one." Cocking my head to the side, I moved a piece of hair behind my ear. "Know?" He laughed shrugging his shoulder. Giving my left booty cheek a quick tap, Law looked in my eyes.

"A Mother knows."

Hmm. Does she really? I never had a mother so I could say that was fully accurate. Then again I never had a mother so I can't just say it's NOT fully accurate. I guess I'll leave it to fate to determine that. Feeling a little woozy from the Chardonnay, I collapsed on his chest.

"Looks like she did get you drunk."

Lawrence laughed, looking past me to watch the game. Never the less he pulled the silk cover over us both while I fell asleep on his chest. "You're a g-..good guy." I just felt like I was talking nonsense. Still wanted to let him know because I don't know anyone who would've went this far for me.