Chapter 4

"Don't forget I made you.." Made me? He didn't make me get on stage. He didn't teach me to dance. So, how the fuck did he make me? I looked in his eyes, blood shot. Either been up or been drinking. Maybe coke.

Either way I'm fed up. I can't do anything with a nigga like this. Only reason I'm with him is because he got me this job and it's the only one I have.

"Alright.." I'm praying he lets me go if he think he won. I'm tired and want to go home I been here all night. Wiping his nose, Kano turned me lose. picking up the rose he broke it and tore the pedals off.

Then placed a kiss on my lips before leaving the locker room. I almost broke down looking at myself in the mirror. Nothing make up can't cover. The real question is why does it feel like this is never going to end?

I started to tap foundation over my eye soft and carefully.

Zadie can't see me like that. She can't know what I do to make sure she good. That's just part of the struggle. Looking over at the crumbled rose I sighed. No one but his. Shouldn't be like this.

After changing I went back to the stage to pick my money up. The club was clearing and it was dark. Peach was wiping down the bar closing up. I even got a stank look from Princess.

"I like how you dance.." I jumped to the sound of his voice. Turning around I saw a tall darkskin with curly hair. He was dressed casual no bling on him, but was clean.

I looked around for signs of Kano. "Looking for someone?" I shook my head turning my back. Really was trying to save this guy, but he was being persistent.

"Just go away.." Didn't want anyone to see him talking to me. Not even Peach as much as I love her. From the corner of my eye I saw him raise his arms in surrender and smile.

Such a cute smile and my goofy ass wanted to smile back so I turned my head away. "I'm Lawrence, but can call me Law." Then he disappeared.

Thank GOD. Kano was coming in from the front they walked right by each other.

Looking to my side I saw...another rose. This time there was a card attached to it. Law's number was on it, but not just any number. A dance school? What kind of business... "Passion, Diamond left yet?" I didn't even realize he was near me. Quickly stuffing the card in my pocket I shrugged my shoulders.

He knows better than to ask about any other dancers, I don't associate myself with them.

~•~

I twirled the card in my hand smelling the rose. It smelled like..him. Sliding onto my back I stared at the ceiling. Should I call him? What if Kano finds out? I don't want him to hurt him.

He said to call though..Didn't he? Ughh. All these questions. I decided to suck it up and dial the number.

"Is this the beautiful Passion?" I smiled like a little goof ball. His voice sounded ten times sexier over the phone. "How did you know?" I could've been anyone. He told me because he didn't know the number calling. From the sounds of it he was hoping I called.

"I want you to come to my studio when you have the chance. Is Saturday good at eight pm?" I usually work Saturdays. I usually work almost everyday, the customers always want to see me. I could just not go.

"Sure." I am still feeling uneasy about this. Only because if Kano ever found out I lied to him...I don't even want to think about it.

"See you then..." He hung up leaving me with my thoughts. Maybe I shouldn't go. I'm the best dancer, the club isn't going to make that much without me. On the other hand I just want to see what Law really wants.

I want to check out this "studio" of his. I love to dance and stripping was never my first choice growing up. It turned into the only one when it got hard, but Zadie and I are doing good now.

Speaking of her she came creeping in my room like she thought I was sleep. I'm not though I'm all the way up. Handing me a folded paper she hit the dash.

I opened it reading. It was a report card and she was damn near failing every class. Oh no. Oh hell no. Most definitely not. I stormed to her room bursting in with no hesitation.

"What the fuck is this? What the fuck do you got school and do?" I balled it up and threw it at her. Zadie almost didn't pay me any mind until I snatched her phone. So, this is what has her attention.

"What happened to your eye? Foundation isn't doing much help. Is it your job?" She crosses her arms waiting for an answer.

Neither one of us is a parent, but if it had to be it would be me. She need to mind hers and get her grades up. I shouldn't matter. Wrapping her headphones around, I put the phone in my drawer.

"You fighting at work for what? The same reason I fought at school?" I ignored Zadie as she followed me downstairs. Why won't a child ever stay in their place. She think she knows everything when she doesn't know shit.

"The fuck you want me to do?" I say smacking the juice on the counter. Some splashed out hitting the floor, the counter, me. It's aggravating the way she nagging.

She could be helping by getting her grades up and becoming something for both of us. "Quit it." I wiped up the spilled juice and watched her look me in my eyes with so much confidence.

Why can't she take that same confidence and use it towards school? Literally worried about something that has nothing to do with her. Right now I feel like giving her a black eye like mine.

"Then what? I have a record. How we going to eat? Pay rent? You gone get a job? You want to leave school? Hm?" She silently looked away. I bet she didn't think about all that.

Need to stop saying anything and think first. "Maybe I do want to drop out. You did it." Zadie stormed to her room leaving me in the kitchen. I mopped up the mess I made trying not to let the tears force their way out.

Slowly taking off my shirt I made my way to the shower. The one thing I'm trying to protect her from she acting as if she's drawn to it. What am I going to do with this girl?

Will Zadie tighten up? What Lawrence really want from Passion? Y'all think she really gone risk it all for a dream?

We'll see XD Like, Comment, Voteee