Chapter 5

This particular afternoon started off weird. Probably because I was supposed to be meeting Law today. My body tossed and turned until it hit the floor making me jump up. Groaning, I rubbed my lower side and dragged my feet.

It was hot today and I really didn't know what to wear. I ended up settling for shorts, a little crop top, and these cute hills I've had for a year.

"Hey girly!" Peach always sounds excited to hear from me. The music in the background was jumping, made me look at my watch. Shaking my head I had to focus. I told Peach the truth, I mean she my girl I know I can trust her.

"Girl it look like it's gone be packed tonight. You gone miss out on benjis baby!" From the sounds I was hearing she sounded right, but this might be my only chance to do what I really want.

Something going to have to sacrifice. Plus, one night without dancing not going to hurt me. Everyone in there came to see me anyway. Them other girls can have it for tonight. Peach asked me one more time to come in before defeatedly agreeing to cover for me. That's why I love her.

"I know you're bored. We could go to the movies before I go?" Zadie cut her eyes at me then rolled on to her side. I figured she'd still be upset. Giving her back her phone isn't a option. As much as I wanted to give her pity she not doing right. I hate when I have to parent her because she knows I'm just her sister.

I also know her attitude is as bad as mine.

I'm not asking twice. I looked down at my watch seeing I hand a hour to spare. It's going to take me a hour to get there. I know what would cheer her up. "You and Tommie could do a little shopping.." She wasted no time turning back around. Those words always catch her attention.

Even though it's not in our budget right now I could make room. I just want my little sister back. Tommie is Zadie's bestfriend. Digging through my purse I handed her my credit card.

"In the house by ten thirty. No, Tommie can't come in you both have school tomorrow." With that being said I dropped them off at the mall and headed to Lawrence's studio.
~•~

"I see you made it." Lawrence shook my hand. I was too busy looking around this enormous dance studio. Just all mirrors and floor. "This place is nice." He smiled lifting his arms. He looked at my eye but acted like he didn't notice. Dressed in sweat pants and a white t shirt, he looked as if he was prepared to dance too.

Maybe he just finished dancing though. Did look a little sweaty. I liked how it looked on him. His hair was damp and his shirt stuck to his chest making it see threw. Without even realizing I was biting my lip. One glimpse of myself in the mirror and I knew why he was staring at me like that. Such an embarrassment.

"I built it like this so everyone has room to express themselves. Show me what you got Ms. Passion..." Lawrence said before using a little remote to turn on music. I started to do my thing. The way I learned growing up not on the pole. I use to do a routine or two back in my day.

I thought I was going good until the music paused.

"What's wrong?" I turned around to Law. He ran his fingers through his hair. I could tell by the look on his face he wasn't satisfied. Tapping his chin he disappeared into the back. What was he doing? I must've done something wrong. I blew it I know I did. Sighing, I picked up my purse and headed towards the door.

I stopped when I heard something being put down. Lawrence put a chair in the middle of the room.

"You're not passionate about it. Show me your pain through your dancing. I saw your potential Passion. I know you have it." He's right I do have it. I was born with it. Slowly putting down my purse I sat in the chair. He cut the music back and I tried again. Moving my body fiercely to the tempo, making sure to hit every beat. I felt like I belonged here.

Out of breath I posed at the end sitting back in the chair.

I heard clapping coming from behind me. "You was named Passion for a reason. I have to get you on a real stage." A real stage? Was he serious? "Like with a dance group?" Shaking his head no Lawrence began to chuckle. There was no way he was serious. He handed me a bottle of water which I didn't hesitate to down considering I felt like I just ran a mile.

"You're too advanced. I have a show coming up in four months at Madison Theatre." That's a lot of people to be performing in front of. It's like the fourth biggest stage out here. "I want you to come up with a routine with me, be here every Friday, Monday, and Wednesday to practice and the show is ours..." The words coming from his mouth doesn't even seem realistic.

Lawrence gave me a smile and again it was adorable. Kano isn't here so I didn't have to hold mine back this time. "Thank you so much." All I could do was hug him. Quickly stopped when I realized how sweaty I was. That's up most nasty to hug a sweaty person. I apologized for the inconvenience.

"Go home get some rest and see you Monday." Nodding my head, I started to leave but was taken back by the grasp of my hand. "And Passion..Call me." I gave a shy okay before stepping out of there with the quickness. Lawrence is a cuteness overload. Something I just can't handle.

Would be a good friend to have, but I know Kano would never go for it.

Like , Comment, Vote this chapter was a lil boring but oh welp..