27. I Believe You (ep41-42)

This is based on the fragmans for episode 42. I want Sanem to believe Can without proof so very badly, and I'm not sure if that's the direction the show will take.

So, as Aziz Bey would say -Tatatada! Fanfic! 😊

P.S. I love the pic above. There is a softness to it. A gentleness in Can that is reserved only for Sanem.
------------------

They had finally found the missing boy and he was fast asleep in the tent

They had finally found the missing boy and he was fast asleep in the tent. Can made a little fire close by and watched as Sanem came and sat beside him. They sat in comfortable silence for a while. It had been his best day yet, since he returned to Istanbul. He got to spend most of the day with Sanem looking for the little boy, Caner, and the glimpses he saw of a lively Sanem soothed his soul. There might even have been a few moments of banter over the scarecrow. Who'd have thought? He smiled to himself. But adventure and banter would only take him so far. He needed for her to know the truth, for her to accept that he would never do something that would destroy her dreams and cause her so much pain. There would be no peace until she believed him.

Sanem, sat lost in her own thoughts. Every time she closed her eyes she saw him running into the fire, and her heart beat hard and fast in her chest. It was like losing him all over again. The sight of him coming out of the fire with her scarf was imprinted in her brain forever. He had risked his life for a mere token of a memory of her. His love for her ran so deep, he could never destroy something that was precious to her - she knew that now. And she was ashamed that she thought otherwise all this time.

"Can", she said turning to him.

"Sanem", he said at the same time.

She paused and nodded slightly, indicating that he should go first.

"Sanem, if you want me to stay away from you, then so be it. But there's only one thing I want you to believe, I didn't burn your notebook".

Sanem searched his face, so filled with sadness and sincerity. Her eyes filled with tears and she said quietly, "I believe you Can, I don't know what happened that day, but I now know in my heart that you would never burn my book".

The relief and gratitude on his face, almost broke her. What had she put him through? Her mind went back to that night and the events of the year that followed, as she slipped back into her trance-like state.

Can was holding out hope that she would tell him not to leave. But she just stared at him, and his shoulders fell in disappointment. She believed him but she didn't want him to stay, that would have to be enough. He would leave the next day.

He stood wearily, without saying a word,  and began to walk towards his tent. He stepped on a large twig, the sound breaking the quiet of the night, and it snapped Sanem out of her trance. She looked up to see him walking away from her, again.

"Can!", she shouted in panic, scrambling to her feet.

He stopped in his tracks and turned around slowly, he didn't think he could deal with more rejection. She stood unsteadily, tears streaming down her face, her hand pressing against the middle of her chest. "Can", she cried brokenly.

He held his arms out to her, not sure if she would be willing to come to him, but wanting her to, with every fibre of his being.

Sanem saw his wide, outstretched arms, in the white shirt - her albatross, calling her to him

Sanem saw his wide, outstretched arms, in the white shirt - her albatross, calling her to him. She half stumbled, half ran into his open arms and buried her face in his neck, her arms wrapping themselves tightly around his waist. He finally closed his arms around her, strong and  possessive, like she was his lifeline and he would never let her go.

"Don't...", Sanem started to say.

"Never", he stopped her, "I'm never leaving you again. Ever". He kissed her hungrily then, covering her eyes, her cheeks her nose with kisses, until he finally found her mouth, open and waiting for him. His tongue swept her mouth, clashing with her tongue, swallowing the moan that escaped her lips. Then slowing down to suck sweetly on her lips, before devouring her again. He felt the fire that had all but died inside him, raging back to life with a force that he could barely handle. "Sanem, Sevgilim, Canim, Bitanim", he held her face between his hands resting his forehead against hers, trying to catch his breath. "What you do to me", he said in wonderment.

 "What you do to me", he said in wonderment

"And you to me", she whispered.

She pulled back a little then, a small smile playing on her lips, as she pulled the chain all the way out of dress. He saw the ring attached to the chain and his eyes opened wide in disbelief. She had kept him close all this time! His felt his heart overflowing with emotion. His shaky hand reached for the ring and he held it in his fingers. "You kept me with you, in spite of everything!"

"Always, every minute of every day", she said. She took the chain off her neck, removed the ring with unsteady hands, and held it out to him. When he reached for it, she closed her fingers around his, so the ring was nestled in their joined hands. She lifted her other hand to his cheek, holding it lovingly, "Can Divit, will you put this ring on my finger, marry me, complete me, make me whole again?"

"In a heartbeat"

~fin~