20. Pillow Talk -Part 1 (ep37)*

This follows episode36. Can and Sanem are engaged, but both the moms are not making wedding talk easy.

This is a two-part one-shot, and the pillow-talk will follow in part 2. I promise 😊

-----------------------------------------------

It had been a month since Can asked Sanem to marry him and they still didn't have a wedding date. The families (the moms, really), just couldn't agree on anything. Can was seriously fed up. That evening when he went downstairs after work to pick up Sanem, he expressed some of his frustration by being more demonstrative than usual in her new office. Sanem was enjoying all the extra handsy-ness and kissing but she knew something was bothering him.

"What's wrong, Canim. Talk to me", she said.

"I'm done with this wedding talk Sanem. I didn't want any of these grand ceremonies anyway. Tomorrow - you, me, a judge and two witnesses. We'll have our own perfect little, secret wedding and then the Annes can take all the time in the world, I don't care. Say yes, Bitanem, lutfen", he said, his eyes beseeching.

"Evet", Sanem said simply, rising on her toes to kiss him.

Can felt the tension drain out of him. Why hadn't he suggested this before. Ah, his Sanem, she could make anything better.

He pumped his fist. "Yes! Let's ask Emre and Leyla to be our witnesses. I'll get the permits and  take care of everything else. Make up all the excuses you need, we are definitely spending tomorrow night  at the cabin", he said, with a happy gleam in his eyes. Sanem's hear skipped a beat at his words, and she nodded shyly in agreement.

Over the next 24 hours Sanem could barely contain herself. She did tell Ayhan, and Ayhan insisted that she wanted to be a part of the ceremony as well. Sanem was only too happy to have her there. She packed a little backpack for the night - nothing much, just her toiletries, a silk nightgown from Leyla, and some barely-there lingerie that Ayhan gifted her with a naughty smile.

The next evening the four of them left work a little early. Sanem wore a flowing, delicate, white dress with spaghetti straps that hit just above her knees. The amber pendant from Can, a pair of tiny pearl earrings and her engagement ring, was the only jewelry she wore. Can had on a simple black suit. For once he didn't have any scarfs tied to his arms or legs, only the albatross chain and ring. She appreciated that he really was trying to keep it simple and real.

The ceremony was quick and straightforward. They exchanged rings, and kissed till the judge cleared his throat. Leyla and Emre signed on as witnesses, while Ayhan watched excitedly, and then everyone hugged everyone else. There might even have been a group hug thrown in there. Sanem could barely remember from all the excitement.

Ayhan gave her best friend another big hug and kiss. "Have fun tonight!", she giggled, promising to cover for Sanem that night, before heading back home. The two pairs of siblings stopped for dinner at a nearby restaurant and Sanem couldn't help but marvel at how they had gotten to this point. Leyla and Emre seemed to be committed to making their relationship work, and Sanem was happy for her sister. Yes, the same issues with their families would rise again when the time came, but perhaps by then she and Can would have smoothened the path. "Inshallah", she thought, smiling to herself.

After dinner Emre said he would drop Leyla back. So there was another round of hugs, and then Leyla hung back a little, urging the brothers to go ahead. She gave Sanem a kiss on the cheek, "I'm so very happy for you Sanem. You and Can belong together and I'm glad you found you're way back to each other. Enjoy the rest of your lives. Especially tonight", she said, winking.

"Abla, I'm a little nervous. I don't know what to do. Can is so experienced. What if I don't measure up", Sanem whispered to her, glad to finally share her thoughts with someone.

"Sanem!", Leyla, smacked her playfully on the arm. "You and Can love each other more than anything else in this whole world, and you have overcome so much together. My firecracker sister could never disappoint him. Trust me"

Emre and Leyla said their goodbyes and Can and Sanem rode back to the cabin. It was mostly a quiet ride, each lost in their own thoughts. But Can held her hand throughout the ride, kissing her fingers on occasion, drawing her back to the present.

At the cabin, he made some ćey, and lit the candles he had put out. The little wooden sofa had been moved to the corner of the room and a comfortable looking bed had taken its place.

"Can, when did you do all this?", Sanem asked surprised.

"I think we will be spending a lot of time here Askim, far from the madness of the city. I want you to be feel at home here, this is not just a bachelor pad anymore, right?" The warmth in his eyes made her feel instantly more secure.

"Umm, give me a few, I'll just change out of these clothes", Sanem mumbled.

She hurried into the restroom with her backpack - brushed her teeth, stripped off her dress and underclothes, had a quick shower, and put on the gifts from Ayhan and Leyla. The pink lingerie was really cute with stripes and a pretty bow on the tiny bra and panties, but Sanem felt more comfortable once she slipped on the silk nightgown. She took a few deep breathes to calm herself, and then stepped out. Can had his back to her, so she scuttled to the bed and sat down, pulling the sheets up over her body.

"I'll be right back", Can said as he headed into the bathroom. Sanem heard him putter around in there, then he stepped out a short while later in just a pair of boxers. She stared at him, feeling the blush on her face but not able to look away. Mashallah, he looks so beautiful! Her very own Greek God!

Can came and sat down beside her on the bed. He took her face gently in his arms and kissed her sweetly. "Are you ok, bebegim?" Sanem nodded, not looking him in the eyes. "We don't have to do anything you don't want to, I promise", he said lovingly as his eyes searched her face. "Do you want the light off?", he asked and she nodded in response, not trusting herself to speak.

He turned off the light on the nightstand, and the room was bathed in soft moonlight and candlelight. Sanem slid down the bed, taking him down with her. Can pulled her into an embrace and lay her down gently as he started kissing her nose, her mouth, her throat, working his way down. She ran her fingers down his arms, and then up again, until she her fingers were in his hair. She paused at the band that was holding his hair in a ponytail, and waited. He nodded and she gently pulled it out, his hair falling over his face as he leaned over her. She stopped him then, holding him in place, savoring the beauty of his face, and this moment in the moonlight.

He reached the edge of her nightgown and looked at her questioningly this time. She nodded shyly, and he slowly lifted it off her head. He paused then, and he face broke out into a big smile. "Uhh, Canim, this is really cute!"

Sanem looked down and shrieked. OMG! The lingerie was flourescent! She had not looked at it in the dark! Those little strips were lit-up. Her boobs looked like 2 headlights, and the strip of cloth on her panties looked like a landing zone. Oh! She was going to kill Ayhan!

Sanem was mortified. "I'm going to kill Ayhan, I swear. The next time she sees me she better..."

Can silenced her with a kiss, sucking on her lower lip and muffling her words. "Sanem, babek, its really adorable! Look, it helped break the ice, right? You're not shy anymore, you're just mad! There's the Sanem I know". He fell back on the bed laughing out loud now, and soon Sanem joined him. He hooked his arm under her neck and pulled her on to his chest, so she was practically lying on him, her head on his chest, her legs intertwined with his, his breathe warm against her hair.

She lifted her head off his chest and looked up at him - half shy, half saucy. "What now?"

"Now the night gets a whole lot better", he smirked.

To be continued