twelve.

"Niall let go!" I screamed, my body thrashing against his cold hands. He was taking me away, he was taking me back home. I had to stay with Harry- for Liam's sake.

"Virginia, wake up," Niall wasn't yelling, but his voice wasn't his own either. Where had I heard that voice before?

I flew up on Louis' couch, sweat dripping down my forehead and Louis kneeling on the floor beside me. All the blankets I had had on last night were on the floor next to Louis. The only light was from the lamp across the room, otherwise it still looked like the middle of the night.

I looked over at Louis, who was reaching for my hand, asking me repetitively if I was okay. I must've awoken him. Examining his facial features, I saw bags lined underneath his eyes; he was still in his clothes from when he picked me up earlier. My mind started to wonder what he was up too when I was sleeping, but I was to overwhelmed to address it.

"You okay?" He asked, tucking a loose hair behind your ear.

"Yeah, just a bad dream." I was glad he didn't ask what it was about, because I truly wasn't ready to explain it too myself. Parts were slipping away as others came back in pieces.

All I knew was that Niall was taking me back home, against my will. I wasn't sure why my dream-self didn't want to go back, but it felt like the right decision in the dream.

"I'll get you a glass of water," Louis offered and started to stand up but I grabbed his wrist, stopping him.

"No, I'm okay. I'm just going to go back to sleep." I said, not wanted to bother him more than needed.

He looked at me hesitantly, as if waiting for me to change my mind. I just stared back at him, not budging to change my thoughts for him.

"Okay, see you in the morning." He turned and headed down the hallway to his Quarter.

I let out a breath, images flashing throughout my mind, but they didn't seem to make any sense at all. I lie back down on the pillow, wondering what Harry was doing at the moment. Maybe vomiting into a garbage can, or dancing with some Asterisk at his stupid Gathering.

What was so great about Asterisks anyway, other than their undeniable beauty?

[]

I woke up the next morning in my room again. What the heck? I gripped the bed covers to be sure that I was really here, because last time I checked I was at Louis'.

Oh my god, I thought, panic setting throughout me. I'm in the same house as Harry.

The Harry that stated I was nothing but an Underscore, a pointless, pathetic Underscore. I was going to be nothing greater, but at least I could never be anything less. I was at the complete bottom.

Something was different at the moment, there wasn't music blaring from the kitchen. The walls were vibrating as usual when I'd first arrived. It was silent, not even a noise from the television or radio.

"Harry?" I called, heading for the door to get out of this room.

Nothing. Not one reply. Maybe he was asleep or passed out on the couch. The one question was why was I hear? Where was Louis that he'd dump me back off at the exact place I didn't want to be, with the person I just couldn't handle right now?

Something crashed in the kitchen, like the item was off balance from the night before. I sucked in a sharp breath, unsure of my next move. That was until, I felt a pair of cold hands settle on my waist. I felt my eyes widen. These hands weren't Harry's; they were a lot smaller.

"Hey baby," the voice slurred, an unknown breathy word mushed between the others.

I stayed silent, not wanting to offend the unknown Male who was touching me. Again the lines between what was allowed here were blurred, and I was unsure of what to do.