eight

I awoke the next morning to the yelling of a Female's voice and Harry's voice at the midst of an argument. At first it took me a minute or so to remember my surroundings, remember the room and the distances traveled. The first thing I did was check my phone, but there was no messages. My stomach dropped a bit, I had been hoping Liam had sent something for me to wake up to.

Suddenly there was an uncontrollable crash of glass from the kitchen, along with the Female's shriek. My blood ran cold, worried why Harry was punishing her so early in the morning.

When I stepped out of my room I was met with a new scenery. Scattered all over the place was ribbons, plastic cups, and just plain trash. The Gathering must've gone most of the night, and I had slept through it. Remembering that I had just awoken, my hand flew to my hair, trying to pull it down and look presentable as I made my way down the hall, stepping over various pieces of garbage. I came around the corner to find Harry, and not one, but two Females standing in the kitchen. I hadn't really been paying attention to what they were arguing about but now I wish I had. Harry looked furious, he was pacing back and forth, running his hands through his hair.

The older Female just stood at Harry, her lips pursed and her arms crossed on her chest. I could tell her guard was up and she wasn't just going to let Harry push her around. Unheard of. The younger one was picking up the glass shards Harry had probably broken; both looked significantly like Harry. My eyes glanced to the clock and I realized I had slept in most of the day, it was already eleven. I mentally face-palmed myself for my stupidity.

"I can't believe you through a party when you knew she was going to come last night," the older one said, not noticing I was in the room.

"Mother," the younger one nodded her head towards me. Harry and the 'Mother' both turned towards me, both silently agreeing to end their argument.

"Virginia!" The older one came over to me, holding her arms up for a hug. I backed away until I hit the wall behind me, my eyes locked on Harry the entire time. I knew this was a Unisex room now but were we allowed permission to touch? And how did this unknown Female know my name?

The Female looked at me with saddened eyes, then back at Harry. The two spoke without opening their mouths, just by reading each other's eyes. I looked back and forth between the two, not understanding what was happening.

"It seems like they've enforced even more laws there since we were there, huh Harry?" The Female backed up a bit, smiling at me. "I'm Anne, Harry's mother."

"That's means you call her Anne," Harry explained to me over his mother's shoulder before I could even ask. "And that's Gemma, Harry's sister." Anne gestured to the blonde who was cleaning Harry's mess, who smiled at me momentarily before returning to the clear glass.

So Harry wasn't married? Who where all those Females last night then? I was confused and I could tell Anne was reading me like an open book.

"Are you hungry?" She asked, her voice quieter than earlier. Anne seemed nice, it's just I would have ot get used to her.

I nodded, just now realizing myself that I hadn't eaten since my last dinner. I wanted to make up for my late and disruptive awakening by making breakfast, but the look on Anne's face as Harry knelt down to help Gemma said otherwise.

"You didn't feed her?" Anne asked Harry, her voice high pitched and a bit whiny in disbelief.

"She didn't say she was hungry!" Harry defended himself, gesturing to me. Anne looked to me as well but I just stood in cold silence. Back at home I had never been put in a situation like this, on the spot, the one people were looking to for answers.