nineteen.

• Dedicated to my team

[]

He wants to claim me. Liam didn't want me to come to America to keep me safe, he wanted me to survive and reproduce. The way Harry had kissed me had thrown me into a trance. I could've think about anything but him.

I've never felt this way about anyone. Maybe Liam thought about me all the time like I am for Harry.

His touch had seemed in sync with mine, like he knew me better than he should.

I know he just wants me to jump in and not over-contemplate what he wants from me; I just want to be sure, though. My whole life is based on a "program" here: a lie.

I rolled over in the motel bed to find Harry sitting on his phone. He was typing very fast and trying to keep an eye on me.

As soon as Harry looked up and saw that I was awake, he set his phone down.

"How are you doing?"

I rolled my eyes and turned back over so my back would be facing to him.

"Virginia," Harry tried to coax.

"No Harry!" I yelled, throwing the fluffed blankets back, revealing Harry's clothes from last night.

My attention reverted to the change in clothes. "Did you change me?" I squinted my eyes at me, and for some reason I couldn't remember what had happened last night.

"Calm down, Gemma did. Anne and her are in the other room."

Harry's voice was just as cold and serious as mine was. It was good to know that he was able to fight back just as hard as I was.

Uncharacteristically, Harry stood and started to make his bed as I grabbed the complementary rope from the bathroom. "We're leaving today too."

"I thought we weren't allowed to leave the country?" I questioned, confused.

"Virginia is a state," Harry gruffly replied, his fuse obviously shortened.

"Where are we-" I tried to ask but was cut off.

"I don't know yet Virginia!" Harry slammed the sheets down to make a worse mess than started with. He ran his fingers through his hair as if it'd make a difference this early.

"Okay," I quietly said. I wasn't sure that Harry had heard me, so I walked back to my bed to clean as well. Harry obviously wasn't in the mood to discuss last night at all. After he'd kissed my lips, I'd panicked. The last Male to do that was Father.

"Father?" I'd questioned, pushing my hands to his chest, trying to to get him off of me.

"Stop fighting me Cynthia." His voice was raspy and demanding.

Cynthia? Who's that?

My Father's lips were rough and cold, just like his soul. I pushed him off of me again, which must've broke him from his daze.

"Cynthia..." Father warned, until his eyes focused on my features completely. When he realized that I wasn't the Female he had originally wanted, his fingers went to his lips. "You kiss just like her," he stated and stomped off in anger of his mistake.

I quickly wiped of his saliva from my lips, trying to get the horrible memories as well as taste from lingering anywhere near me.

I wasn't sure what had become of Father that night, or even who that Female was, but that kiss reminded me of Harry's. There was too much to focus on, Niall being on the search for me and finding out that I was just a government pawn.

My blood went cold at the thought of Niall in this country. I couldn't understand how he legally got here in America if I was illegally here. Or was I? Being part of a government program doesn't make me illegal, right? Just the fact that I left my home country was illegal.