Here we go again

Leilani POV
He had the nerve to call me QL in his message. I can't believe it. He brought her with? Why?

"Lani, don't worry about her. She forced her way onto this trip" CJ said. He hated her, almost as much as I did. "Nah CJ, she came because she was asked. She won't force her way", came my reply.

I looked across the room to where they were. I envied them sitting so close. I wanted it to be me. I wanted to sit with my friend and talk about old times. But that was just what they were. Old times. I wanted to cry, shout, kick and rant. This however, was not the place. So I went up to my room, that I chose so that I could be alone.

The room was small and compact. Good enough to be alone with my thoughts. After I had unpacked my goodies, I put on some jogging gear.
A good run never killed anyone. Anyway I needed to clear my head.

As I headed out I shouted to no one in particular "I'm going jogging!" I left my phone behind on purpose. I need solace and would not achieve that with constant messages to check if I was OK.

OK is such a relative term. Not fine and not horrible. Just in between. OK is a state of in between. A state of I don't know how I feel ask again later.

My run took me to the beach. The sand would help me work on my legs. Air pods in, Bruno Mars on blast. Bruno always had a hold on my musical soul. As I ran my mind went everywhere and anywhere, except to him. I refused to think of him.

Turning a bend I ran into something hard. Something I bounced off. Something that made me land on my butt. Looking up confused, I see it's another human being. A boy to be precise. And oh boy is he gorgeous.