Consequences . . .

Hunter's POV

I was always taught to bear the consequences of my actions. tonight was a night I didn't want to bear. Nicole was smirking from ear to ear. She had won a victory I didn't know was there for the taking. She had manipulated me into that answer and I fell for it. Hook, line and sinker.

I feel horrible. I will forever be haunted by her silence as she walked out of the cabin. her calm demeanor disguising the pain inside. I know her. She is my Lani, or at least, she was. Before . . .

Rudely, I get jolted out of my reverie. Gia is pushing Nicole. Shouting vile things at her. The boys are trying to stop her. "Help Hunter! Keep them apart! Gia is out for blood!" CJ shouts. Vance is holding Gia, while Kade has a grip on Nicole.

"You are a whore! Look what you have done with your jealousy!" Gia shouted. Visibly upset she turned around and ran up the stairs with Ella and Esther on her heels. "Oh please, we all know the would never work!" Nicole retorted. "Nicole, enough!" I stated. Tired of this whole charade. I look at Vance, "Any word?", he shakes his head. The fact that even Vance has been ghosted, is bad. She wants nothing to do with anyone.

FUCK.

Hunter: L, I'm sorry. I know you will never forgive me, but please let me know you are safe.

The text I sent will probably not be answered, that much I know. The girls come down. Telling us their calls are going unanswered. Kade replies, "She is upset, let's give her some space. I'm beat guys. Anyone wanna chill with me while we wait to hear word?" 

Everyone joins him while I drag Nicole out of the room. "You need to leave now!" I hiss. "Are you crazy? It's the middle of the night and I came here with you!" She screeches. "Look, I will call you an Uber. You need to leave. And this  . . ." I point between the two of us ". . . this is over." I walk away to call an Uber before she can reply. I do however have one more call to make.

The line is picked up after two rings. "Uncle Jake. . ." I choke out, panicked.